Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Health

shweta.rawat

Cavy Slave
I am sorry to show u guys my guinea pig poop but I am concerned about my guinea pig health so here is my question:- 1). Is my guinea pig poop okay couz he is doing soft poop
2). He is looking so fat ( 3 years old piggy) and big. All 3 year old guinea pig look like same as he is looking right now.
3). I saw today that my guinea pig eyes little watery like he is crying but no crying sound . I am little worried . Need help.

Health

What are you feeding it?

I occasionally give my guinea pigs a small piece of grape tomato. Usually I cut it in half, gut the middle, and give them each a piece. Ever so often, though, I give them each a whole piece. When I do, their poop gets soft and mushy for the next day or two. Makes clean-up a pain, but it's also amusing watching them struggle to wrangle the tomato and eat it.

Do you weigh your guinea pig? I used to weigh mine weekly, but I do so every 2-3 weeks now to make sure their weight remains relatively constant.

Try a probiotic or Poop soup (poop from a healthy pig)

What are you feeding it?

I occasionally give my guinea pigs a small piece of grape tomato. Usually I cut it in half, gut the middle, and give them each a piece. Ever so often, though, I give them each a whole piece. When I do, their poop gets soft and mushy for the next day or two. Makes clean-up a pain, but it's also amusing watching them struggle to wrangle the tomato and eat it.

Do you weigh your guinea pig? I used to weigh mine weekly, but I do so every 2-3 weeks now to make sure their weight remains relatively constant.
Yaa I gave him one tomato so may be that's y his poop is soft..Nd sorry to say that but my piggy weight machine broken but soon I'll get one until then do u know how to know a piggy weight widout machine or any link where I can buy one

I have a piggy that likes to run around all the time and has a difficult time staying still. (Milly if you read my intro thread) How would I go about weighing her?

@vaculatestar, I also have a very rambunctious piggy and this is how I weigh her. I have a plastic shoebox that I lined with a piece of fleece and I put it on the scale and push the tare button. I then gently put her into the box and very lightly keep one finger on her back. Once she's sitting in the shoebox she relaxes and I am able to get her weight. I believe the shoebox helps to make them feel secure and contain them for the brief time you need.

Appreciate the tip! When I finally get a scale I'll be sure to try it! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.