Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Guinea Pig Health??

PJJGP

Cavy Slave
I'd like to start off by saying I have 2 years experience with guinea pigs and health issues! I've been through the URIs and fungal infections but this stumped me.
I know the symptoms of a URI is goop in the nose,sneezing,not eating/drinking,losing weight,being lethargic,ECT. I have one pig who has never had a URI,but has had many runny noses (I got it checked by the vet,it was clear goop so she said she was fine) that was months ago. Now that the weather is changing and the room they are in goes from hot to cold (I have a heater on 24/7,reasonable temp for them). I noticed some green stuff in her nose but she's eating/drinking good,pooping good,runny around her cage great. She's perfectly fine other than the green stuff in her nose. She hasn't sneezed or anything. And she's had this before (green goop in her nose and has been fine) Should I be worried?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Green stuff indicates infection. She needs to see a vet.

You might ask about a nebulized antibiotic. It's hard to get antibiotics administered orally into the nasal passages, but nebulization can accomplish that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.