Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Question regarding the first night

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So I have had my new guinea pig for about two weeks now. He has went through the quarantine process, and has been introduced to Tobias a few times. They seem to get along great. Haven't fussed a bit. The little one just follows Tobias around. They layed together and kinda groomed each other within like five minutes of them meeting really. My question though is about the first night together. I have been leaving them together for a few hours at a time, and was wondering if you think it would be okay to let them try to stay in the same cage tonight since I recently expanded it today and made them a fun kitchen area. Thanks in advance everyone!

Leave them together. Putting them together and separating them repeatedly just screws up their routine for establishing dominance. You're lucky they're getting along well.

Thanks. I was just so worried they would fight while I was sleeping or something. >_<.

Question regarding the first night

They seem to be doing pretty well together and enjoying the kitchen.

Question regarding the first night

Tobias is so much bigger than him. He used to be sooo tiny. Lol. Now the new one just needs a name. >_<.

Such a cutie! We both got a red and white Abyssinian! haha

Thanks! Here is a better picture of him. Question regarding the first night

Call him Gob! After Gob Bluth in Arrested Development! It'd be cute with Tobias haha

Gob Bluth? I have no clue what you are talking about. I have never seen Arrested Development. >_<

Mmm Lukas? Ziggy? They are both adorable piggies btw. :)

@bguardguy Nevermind then! Doesn't make sense if you haven't seen the show lol

What a cute little guy (the big guy is cute too!)! The baby looks like a Jake to me.

Its okay. Everyone assumes I named him Tobias from Arrested Development. I actually named him Tobias cause I fell in love with the name tobias like 15 or so years ago. >_< Gotta love the animorphs. Lol. I dont want another animorph name though. I chose Tobias cause I like the name Tobias, not because I love the animorphs. I was thinking maybe Malachi or something?

Cute! He looks like a jake to me, lol, but he's yours so your choice.

Anyway, best to leave them together if they get along. I'm pretty sure lettinhg them meetand then seperating them repeatedlt would just mess it up

Malachi yes, do it! I love it. Haha

Thanks. I just thought Malachi matched well with Tobias. I can call them Toby and Kai for short. Here are some more pictures.

Question regarding the first nightQuestion regarding the first nightQuestion regarding the first night

they are so cute..

Kai is a great name for him he is adorable :D They are both so cute.

If Tobias is anything like my Alfonz, he will treat the little guy like he is the only thing that matters in the world, Alfonz is Marbles defender, until Marbles steps out of place lol. Leave them together, looks like they will do fine.

So first night is over. Everything went well. They didn't make much noise at all aside from the normal guinea pig talkings. I even felt comfortable leaving them in the cage together while I was at work. Looks like everything is gonna be all good. Now to figure out the darn name. Lol. >_<.

Question regarding the first nightQuestion regarding the first night

So glad to hear they are getting along great...

They practically wont leave each others side. The only time they made any kind of alarming noises is when the little one went to sit in the food bowl and Tobias was using him as a stepping stool to get to the hay. >_< What a fatty. lol

Thats hilarious lol.

When I first got Marbles, I tried to do a proper introduction between my three boys, and ended in a buddy bath, Marbles started by using Jellybean and Alfonz as a stepping stool, then Alfonz, who is MUCH bigger than both Jellybean and Marbles started sitting on top of the two of them, which they were not happy about.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.