Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Splitting bonded pair???

jrv4babies

Cavy Slave
Hi all! I am heading out the door right now to see the piggies waiting at our local humane society. I had inquired about a specific pig on their website before learning she was an owner surrender of a bonded pair. They had them each listed separately so I did not realize. I really only planned to get one girl to go with my current girl. However I also wouldn't want to split up a bonded pair to do so!!!

My question is, and I won't quite know until I get there...
but it seems as though maybe they have already mixed these two up into cages with others. If that is the case, then it wouldn't matter so much right? I wouldn't have to feel like I am "splitting" them? Because every time they are regrouped they reform their bonds and hierarchy right?

Okay, so they were a bonded pair together on their own. I certainly wouldn't split them. and I'm not ready for three piggies, that I am sure of. I need to find a single girl for my current girl.

On the other hand, just stamp sucker on my forehead, because I walked out the door with a hamster!

On the other hand, just stamp sucker on my forehead, because I walked out the door with a hamster!

Aww. :) Hehe. We have 2 Russian dwarves and we love them. :)

I have no idea what it is, perhaps a teddy bear. and no idea how old it is, and goodness knows their life span is already short. However, my daughter has been begging me for a hamster, and I've been holding out, even though I knew I would eventually get her one. and this one is so incredibly friendly! It was just meant to be, she was sitting right there waiting for me and I didn't even know it :)

I grew up with a major menagerie of pets in our house. I always think it was such an awesome life experience for me, and hope to give my kids at least a fraction of the same. It will never be quite the same, my husband would move out, but at least a fraction. :) pS, I did not tell him about the hamster before I got it, sometimes better to beg forgiveness than ask permission right? :)

I grew up with a major menagerie of pets in our house. I always think it was such an awesome life experience for me, and hope to give my kids at least a fraction of the same. It will never be quite the same, my husband would move out, but at least a fraction. :) pS, I did not tell him about the hamster before I got it, sometimes better to beg forgiveness than ask permission right? :)

I didn't tell my husband about my piggies before I came home with each of them, and then decided to build a 2x4 c&c cage that would require us to remove our large chair out of our living room. LOLOL. ;-D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.