Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Is it OK for a guinea pig to jump up on a bent grid tunnel?

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
My piggy Maple has always had a habit of jumping up on her hideys. I recently made a couple of those bent grids with fleece binder clipped to the top of them tunnels for Christmas and the pigs love them but Maple keeps on jumping on them. Im afraid then she might snag her leg on the binder clip when she jumps off or that her weight might not be supported by the fleece and grid below it and her legs will fall through into the grid holes. Should I be concerned about any of this?

pinky

Cavy Slave
Post a photo so we can see what you're talking about.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
This is what it looks like when its normally in the cage. Is it OK for a guinea pig to jump up on a bent grid tunnel?
This is what the underside looks like.Is it OK for a guinea pig to jump up on a bent grid tunnel?

Jmoore77

Cavy Slave
Spy doc that is so cool! I would have never thought to use a book cover. I am so making a tunnel for my piggies:)

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Cover them properly and you won't have to be concerned. Go to WalMart to the school supplies section and buy the stretchy jumbo book covers. Note I said "jumbo" which will fit up to a 15" book. You can vary the colors to suit your current decorating scheme.
Thanks! I think we have some in our school supplies cabinet so I will be sure to put them on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.