Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Just bought the grids!!!

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave
I just went out to Kmart, and bought 2 packs of 23 grids!
Im not sure how I will make my cage but if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them. I just changed my mind from a hutch to a C&C, and I'm completely clueless on how to make my cage. I definitely want a second floor, but with this many grids, I could have a guinea hotel!!! (Not that I will)
if anyone has some unique cage setups, I'd love to see them!

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
You can keep it for quarantine for a new piggy, for a place to put your pigs when your cleaning their cage or some people like to use the base of it for a "kitchen" area in there c&c cages. :)

I used mine for my second piggys quarantine and also for a place to put them while I clean out their cage. (It doesn't take long, like thirty minutes total.)

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
what at should I do with my store bought cage? (1.5x2)

I had mine for a week until I returned it, upgraded to a Western then upgrade to a C&C. I kept my Western and have used it as a temporary cage. I put my piggies in it when I clean my C&C. I've also used it as a QT cage when one of my piggies got sick.

labgirl5

Cavy Slave
How many squares do the grids have? (8x8, 5x5, 9x9, etc.)

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave
How many squares do the grids have? (8x8, 5x5, 9x9, etc.)

The grids are 14x14 inches and they have 9x9 squares inside of them.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-store-bought-cage?highlight=old+cage+kitchen

Scroll down to labgirl5's post. (Also lissie's) She shows a few pictures as an example of how to use it as a kitchen in a c&c cage. :) Or are you planning on using your loft as a kitchen so they have more room "downstairs"? (That's what I did and I love it!!)

Also... I suppose you could use the base as a loft too, just cut out a section/entrance on the side of it (and file it down so there's no sharp edges!) right where the ramp would go.

Last edited:

baileyrianne

Cavy Slave
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-store-bought-cage?highlight=old+cage+kitchen

Scroll down to labgirl5's post. (Also lissie's) She shows a few pictures as an example of how to use it as a kitchen in a c&c cage. :) Or are you planning on using your loft as a kitchen so they have more room "downstairs"? (That's what I did and I love it!!)

Also... I suppose you could use the base as a loft too, just cut out a section/entrance on the side of it (and file it down so there's no sharp edges!) right where the ramp would go.

im not sure in what I'm going to do. I just bought the grids and I still need the coro. I just don't want my cage to go to waste.

labgirl5

Cavy Slave
The grids are 14x14 inches and they have 9x9 squares inside of them.
Ah, okay, just making sure they're safe! My Kmart only sells the 5x5 grids :p.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.