Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet us :)

Zigagin

Cavy Slave
Heyo I'm Kiki, it's not my real name but it might as well be since it's what everyone irl calls me anyway. I'm not really sure what to say about myself cause I'm an awkward hooman x.x so I'ma move right into introducing my two boars, they're more interesting anyway lol and cuter [emoji7]

I'm on my phone so I'm not sure how to add the picture without attachments.

The black and white one is Ziglar he's really small, I was told he was runt of his litter but I think he might just be younger then they said which they said he was 10 or 11 weeks old same age as the other boy I got only they aren't related. Ziglar is easily spooked as most young guineas tend to be, when he gets scared he runs into my lap and tries to climb up me when I have him out for bonding time. He loves giving kisses and asking for all the treats I have for them. He also will find any opening in my clothes and run into it even if I have lots of things for him to hide in.

The tri colored (anyone know his actual colors and patterns?) is Finagin, he's half chicken, he'll jump at even his own shadow. I'm still trying to go through the taming process more on him (any tips would be appreciated) since Zig doesn't mind if I pick him up or anything really, as long as I have food I mean. Finagin is very talkative and curious once he calms, he even will climb on my lap when something else scares him, he likes being higher up like if he's on the ground and I'm sitting nearby he'll put his paws on my leg to look around better.

Sent from my QS5509A using Tapatalk

Welcome! What cute piggies!!

It sounds like they're doing awesome bonding with you; all baby piggies are a bit skittish at first. This site helped me so much as a new guinea pig owner: www.guineapigmanual.com . It has lots of great handling tips as well!

I happen to love figuring out piggy patterns/colors! Is Ziglar long haired? He looks like he could be an Abyssinian...for his pattern i'd probably need more pics of him.

Finagin's pattern is a Tri-Color! His breed is American, and his colors are White, Buff, and Cream Agouti ( that's the pretty speckled patches :) ) The Buff might be more of a Cream, but I'm not sure. I started a thread on breeds/colors/patterns; it has links to sites with examples of the different colors if you want to check it out: https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-s-breed-colors-pattern?p=1015553#post1015553

So ADORABLE!!!! I WANT the fuzzy one! so cute :D

Welcome! What cute piggies!

Welcome! What cute piggies!!

It sounds like they're doing awesome bonding with you; all baby piggies are a bit skittish at first. This site helped me so much as a new guinea pig owner: www.guineapigmanual.com . It has lots of great handling tips as well!

I happen to love figuring out piggy patterns/colors! Is Ziglar long haired? He looks like he could be an Abyssinian...for his pattern i'd probably need more pics of him.

Finagin's pattern is a Tri-Color! His breed is American, and his colors are White, Buff, and Cream Agouti ( that's the pretty speckled patches :) ) The Buff might be more of a Cream, but I'm not sure. I started a thread on breeds/colors/patterns; it has links to sites with examples of the different colors if you want to check it out: https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-s-breed-colors-pattern?p=1015553#post1015553

Thanks, I've tried looking at many different ways of bonding with them so I can figure out which makes them feel more comfortable and not so pressured. I'll certainly be looking into that site too, thanks :)

Yes Ziglar is long haired, at least that's what I was told when I got him, which I got them from my girlfriends friend. I'll show more pictures on Zig soon I'm just really sick right now so I'm trying to keep my distance as much as possible until I'm better, after that I'll be definitely taking more pictures.

Yay okay so I was right in thinking he's tri-colored, I've done all the research on caring for them now it's time to learn more on their genetics :-D I'll have a look at your thread, I love learning about guinea pigs and how much color range they have and fur styles and breeds and such. Plus it's always smart to learn about the pets we own so they can happy and healthy :)

Welcome to the forum. Your piggies are just adorable. I might have to steal Finagin. Lol! I'm just hooked on the American Shorthairs. I've never met one that I didn't fall in love with and he is a real cutie. He has such an expressive face.
Thanks :-D I'm the same way, the shorthaired ones for some reason always have been my soft spot even though I love all there's just something with short haired. Finagin is a little handful, he's expressive and always let's me know when he's tired of me now, he's started using his front paws to push my hand away when he's done being pet cause he's too lazy to walk away lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.