Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners homemade fleece flipper help

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
So I just expanded my cage from a 2x4 to a 4x4 and one piece of fleece is not wide enough, so I am currently using 2 pieces. My new piggy likes to burrow and is pooping under the fleece, making cleanup take twice as long. I checked out some youtube videos to learn how to sew (home ec class was 20 years ago!) because I want to make fleece flippers. I currently use 2 layers of u-haul pads under my fleece, and would like to continue to do so with the flippers. Is it too difficult for a sewing machine to get through 4 layers of u-haul pads when I sew them together?

I made fleece flippers and I sewed the fleece like a pillow case. I did not sew the uHaul pad to the fleece. They are two separate parts. I wrap the uHaul pad around the coroplast and then place the fleece pillowcase over the top. Hope that makes sense.

So you didn't sew your uhaul pads like a pillow case too? That's a fantastic idea. This project is getting easier and easier!! Thanks!!

I wished I knew how to sew :/ I would love to make my own fleece liners and such..

Nope, Just cut the UHaul in pieces large enough that I could wrap it around the coroplast a few times. Make sure you make your fleece pillowcases large enough to fit over the Uhaul pad.

@crazycavymom, it's really easy! My 11 year old daughter took one sewing class at a local Joann Fabrics store. Then she taught me. Never learned how to sew in 41 years but I did as soon as I got my piggies! Take a class. It's super easy!

I may have to look into it. The only thing I can sew is a button on a shirt.

As above, I also make my own and leave all my layers separate. At the Fleece Store link above, they actually give you the exact measurements you need to make your own flipper case and the proper measurements to cut the Uhaul. Not only is it easier to sew and handle when cleaning, its also MUCH easier to wash and dry being that all the pieces are smaller. Good luck! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my flippers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.