Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Impaction New impaction I need advice please

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
Good afternoon, my piggy is 4 years old and recently have been impacted. I have helped him manually to remove the poop as it sits and collects at his anus but will not cone put with help. I read that daily inspection and placing him in warm water to clean and for comfort helps. Any other advice? He wont eat any poop that comes out so I'm worried he is missing an important part since they are suppose to eat selective ones. Any advice to help make him more comfortable and healthy? Thank you. Also no changed in diet, have a c&c cage with his brother cage mate and always unlimited hay and cup of veggie a day. This is new and I'm assuming it's occurring related to his age
Thank you any advice helps

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Running water on his anus will help get most of it out. Try a q-tip dipped in mineral oil if there's still some in there. You might have to do this often. Impaction is more common will older pigs. Nothing to worry about I'm sure, just make sure to clean it and don't let it sit in there.

Shieme

Cavy Slave

scoottie

Cavy Slave
this is an awesome video. I don't have a male so do females need the anal thing? I guessing no.
No they don't need it its just for the boars

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.