Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My dog doesn't want to get up?!

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
He is slightly overweight by about 2 pounds. He's an Alaskan Malamute. He only got up by motivation of food and would just lay back down.

PrincessPiggy

Cavy Slave
I'd call the vet-- lethargy in any animal isn't a good sign. :(

I have a senior dog, and while he's pretty lazy, he will get up and move around voluntarily (usually from one napping spot to another). Your doggy's behavior sounds like more than that, though, so I'd contact a vet ASAP.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
When my dog behaved this way he had a thyroid disorder. You should scheduled an appointment with a vet to see what is going on.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Even for an old doggy, that isn't normal. Mine sleeps most of the day but he does have active time too( in between naps) For your dog, those 2 lbs wouldn't be making him tired, I wouldn't even consider 2 pound a problem. How old is he, is he drinking? Vomiting? Did he finish all his meal? If that is what you meant. How long has this been going on?

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
Well he is not very like active anyways. He just likes to fight against my other dog but doesn't like getting u p because he likes his sleep. He doesn't want to go inside though.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Well he is not very like active anyways. He just likes to fight against my other dog but doesn't like getting u p because he likes his sleep. He doesn't want to go inside though.

So what was the post about then? Just a statement or what?

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
So what was the post about then? Just a statement or what?

like no im worried because he used to always love to go inside now he just lays in the same spot all the time. He just doesn't have the heart or something to go inside

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Maybe he's just slowing down and enjoying life now?
However, I definitely would be scheduling a vet appointment.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
How senior of a dog are we talking about here? Older dogs, just like people, will tend to slow down some but complete lack of energy could be an underlying medical issue. I would consult the vet.

everydaylou

Cavy Slave
absolutely see the vet. It is good that he gets up for food, but if absolutely nothing else is getting him up, that's not good. sorry :-(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.