Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C I have too small of a cage and im buying a new one but i want to buy the right amount

the purple picture is a picture of one of the guinea pigs >_> if you look close there is one right in the middle and that guinea pig happens to be a female ,she got bullied away from the food AND I POSTED THIS SO I COULD GET THE CAGE I JUST WANTED IT TO LOOK NICE IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK i dont want to buy something then need something else 10 minutes after i already got the other thing >_>

I'm really truly sorry if I offended you! I didn't know, I just guessed.

I think MrWhistles, Lissie, everyone, just want the best for these pigs. We feel concerned because it is a HUGE commitment to have 2 pigs, let alone 11.
We understand you love them, and I think the whole purpose of the thread (To expand their cage) got overlooked.)
Just like you, we want the best for your pigs. Please be respectful of our opinions.

I'm sorry I won't risk my guinea pigs life and even THINK about building an incomplete cage and stuffing more pigs than it should be having. A recipe for disaster.

Okay, maybe GreyWish wasn't thinking into the future and being very irresponible towards his pigs.
He is trying to help them now, so let's put this behind us and focus on helping his pigs!

Far out... All that over the colour purple and being called a girl by mistake. Seriously grow up.

You say that money isn't an issue but how about your time? It's sounds like you're having a few problems with your pigs and as good as your intentions are, all the money in the world won't matter if you don't have the time to properly look after them. If they need a bigger cage right now just build them a bigger one in a style that fits to your room size. You can always modify and make it cuter later. It also makes me wonder, if your reason for no walls is such a good excuse why you wouldn't want to share? You are so defensive about everything. If there was something wrong with my cage that puts the lives of my pigs at risk then I would want to know.

Thank you Whisper!
I'm trying to be understanding and all, but it isn't my fault!

Thank you Whisper!
I'm trying to be understanding and all, but it isn't my fault!

lol Lol GuineaPigster none of what I said was directed at you. It was for the way GreyWish reacted.

You made an honest mistake that anyone would have done. ;)

No, I know it wasn't for me. :)
I just meant thanks for sticking up for me!!

Far out... All that over the colour purple and being called a girl by mistake. Seriously grow up.

You say that money isn't an issue but how about your time? It's sounds like you're having a few problems with your pigs and as good as your intentions are, all the money in the world won't matter if you don't have the time to properly look after them. If they need a bigger cage right now just build them a bigger one in a style that fits to your room size. You can always modify and make it cuter later. It also makes me wonder, if your reason for no walls is such a good excuse why you wouldn't want to share? You are so defensive about everything. If there was something wrong with my cage that puts the lives of my pigs at risk then I would want to know.

Thank you!!!!
2 guinea pigs can maybe deal with a bit of lack in time. But an entire herd? Don't think so.

(im a boy what would make you think im a girl -_- cause i have guinea pigs? i have a girl friend too so am i a lesbi now? >_> im a guy )

Don't take it personal. Not everyone here will read all your posts to know you're a guy and have a girlfriend. 95% of the members on this forum are women. It's normal for someone to refer to another member as a "she".

and they are not 3-4 grids deep the girls are ontop of of 2 2x3s..... i thought that was clear in the picture...... 
I was referring to the prior recommendations I made for 15 pigs. 2x16, 3x11 or 4x8
But since you have bad back, looks like your only option would be 2x16. Are all the 15 pigs going to live together? If not, you might need a different cage configuration.

my question is about a cool cage design i could do and about what size i could get
What do you think of the room I posted earlier? You can look through the gallery for more ideas.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/

To everyone else, it's obvious the OP is going to make a bigger cage for his pigs. That's why he started this thread. I don't know why some of you are bugging him about how many pigs he's taking in.

i had a bad day and already got bullied earlier so i was being really defensive at that time, sorry.
also what i ment by time is timing i have a lot of time , too much but i ment time to order a new cage a dont want to order something then need something more and have to wait for it to come again i had to do that once and it was so stupid cause it was friday when that stuff came so i had to order it and it got there like that thrusday ... which sucked to do im going to build a 3x9 with a 2x3 top level
and i manage these guinea pigs just fine i just didnt have the time to ORDER a CAGE so i wanted to know the right size for a group this big they dont tell you that in the store
you can not think all you want MrWhistles but i take really good care of them and i could line people down a road to tell you how well i take care of them and love them
i think whats funny is your telling me that i cant do it but little old ladys who live by themsevles running these gpig rescues can? the only rescue near me is this old lady running over 30 guinea pigs
all this post was for is what size i should get and maybe a neat shape or 2 not how unsafe the cage is I KNOW ITS NOT SAFE. I KNOW ITS NOT SAFE. I KNOW ITS NOT SAFE. OKAY i posted this so i could gt the right size for a safe cage they are going to have coro walls and yes that is safe they do not fall out of that and have never seen it happen before yes i have coro but they are broken so i cant use them i used it in the past and they dont fall im going to put grids where they are needed and im going to keep getting guinea pigs to show or rescue i have a few girls that have won trophies and alot that are DQ the show people say get rid of 'it' and i say they are my babies im keeping them some guy at the show offerend me 250! for sherbet >_> two hundred and fifty dollars i said no then sherbet got DQ and the guy left me alone i wouldnt sell any of them for 100,000,000 dollars

thank you lissie and there are only 9 girls in the cage right now i have 14 in all at the next show i will be getting another boy and 2-3 girls the boy will be from my girlfriend as her mom is making her get rid of him so im counting it a rescue since i dont breed he will go to me or be sold at the show to be bred most of you guys may not count it as a rescue but i do

Last edited:
I didn't say you can't do it. I said I was upset by the fact that you're risking these pigs safety and health with the current housing situation.

Also, why are you ordering online? Do you not have a Walmart or Bed Bath and Beyond in your area?

my walmart does not sell the grids and is 2 cents more at walmart for 26 grids then it is on guineapigcages and i cant get coro at walmart

You can order grids on walmart.com amd have them sent to the store for free. Home depot has sheets of coro for less than 15 dollars.

its ok i dont mind buying it from here its easier on my back when i dont have to set up the coro

You can buy coroplast from these places:

$13.46 for 3x6 ft sheet
https://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202771364?catalogId=10053

$10 - $20 for 4x8 ft sheet (call local branch for price)
(broken link removed)

Grids:
https://www.sears.com/stor-floor-standing-6-cube-storage-unit/p-00913332000P
https://www.kmart.com/stor-floor-standing-6-cube-storage-unit/p-010W435219990001P
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Most of them offer free shipping from site to store. You can also check inventory online for some of them. Just type in your zip code.

it really is ok i want to buy from here and my aunt stole my SUV...its a long story but the cops are looking for her anyways i dont have my big car (or any car) to go somewhere to get something and especially not something as big as coroplast i dont have a credit card either my job pays me through paypal so i cant buy to many things in person without my moms card...i dont like taking her money so i have no option but to buy online i really like this site i can buy from here its ok

So are you thinking 2x16?

no im going to go with a 3x9

Okay.
I just thought you were going longer rather than width, due to your back.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.