Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
I also think he was a parrot in a past life because he prefers to sit on my shoulder.

I adopted Bert from Petco in October (it was a legitimate adoption, I paid nothing.) He was relinquished to the store with damage to his right leg. Most likely dropped, his shoulder is out of place and has healed that way, so he walks on his wrist (which made him develop an adorable bald spot.)

My girls like to sit on my shoulders like parrots too lol and that is such a sad story about Bert :( I'm glad he found a good home with someone who will love and care for him. I can't believe someone would drop him, cause him so much pain... and then just abandon him.

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) wow, i never knew mine was a Roan... quickly went to check it up and lucky i don't intend to breed at all! She's 7months old approximately, i got adopted her and her buddy. i have yet to trim her fur because the length is beautiful and there has been no problems so far. Besides, i've only had my girls for a month and she's very shy... still getting to trust me! :)

I also have yet to trim Yoda's fur, he hasn't had any problem either :)

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
OMG! Your piggies are gorgeous! I have two girls Pinky who I have added the middle name Lou too. Pinky Lou, I just like the sound of it but it ticks my son off since he named her Pinky. LOL She's the one with the most white and then there is Sookie who is my guinea pig. And quite possible the most beautiful guinea pig on the face of the earth! LOL

Thanks!

Awwwww your piggies are cute too! love Sookie's brown

BernieAndBert

Cavy Slave
I can't believe someone would drop him, cause him so much pain... and then just abandon him.

I know! I will admit, painfully, that I dropped Bernie once when he suddenly struggled and thank GOODNESS he was okay. If he had been hurt, you better believe I would take responsibility for that. I wouldn't dump him somewhere for someone else to deal with. It's so immature and emotionally disconnected, I think.

BernieAndBert

Cavy Slave
@Rhinos_mom how do you identify the Roan gene? what characteristics give it away?

and i hope you're doing all right :love:

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
@BernieAndBert

I'm doing alright, thank you :love:

The Roan gene's huge give away characteristic is that gray body with the black head.

I honestly don't know too much else about roans, except I do know that a roan plus a roan equals possible lethal babies... but that's like all I know haha

pawner69

Cavy Slave
OH I so love these types of posts and seeing all the pigtures!! Here are my girls...

Ms. Piggles is very nosey, brave, and bossy..

Alice is pudgy and round and I love to watch her waddle around her cage. She is also VERY loud. :D

And one quick one of them together.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
This is Millie (left) and Mitzi!
Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*
I adopted them both from a small animal rescue. Millie had a rough first year - she was kept outside in a tiny hutch and bred from quite a few times. She arrived at the rescue with a lot of hair missing and a bad case of mites. She still has a few scars now, but she is still beautiful! Mitzi was very young when she was at the rescue and was paired with Millie.
Mitzi is much more happy go lucky and friendly than Millie because Millie was barely handled, but we are getting there. Mitzi loves to jump onto things, popcorn, and definitely has the loudest wheek when she is hungry :D She is so funny and mischievous and made my dad realize how amazing guinea pigs are! Millie is shy and sweet but loves a good cuddle ❤️
Millie is now 1 year and 4 months and Mitzi is 6 months old.

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
@CathiiPiggie they are just so precious :3 I'm so glad they finally found a good home and a friend

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
That butt mane made me laugh!

I got Bernie at Petco (before I knew better) in September. I think he is a Teddy with a mix of something else, perhaps Silkie? His hair is thick and fuzzy everywhere except his butt. He has a very impressive butt-mane going on. He is aggressive and brave. Loves to rumblestrut and butt-drag all over the place. When I come over to the cage he is immediately on his hind legs looking for veggies and if I don't have any he chatters his teeth at me. I also think he was a parrot in a past life because he prefers to sit on my shoulder.

View attachment 43883
feed me, plz?
View attachment 43884
butt-mane

I adopted Bert from Petco in October (it was a legitimate adoption, I paid nothing.) I think he is an American Shorthair/Abby cross because he has this mohawk that goes all the way down his back. The rest of him is completely smooth. He was relinquished to the store with damage to his right leg. Most likely dropped, his shoulder is out of place and has healed that way, so he walks on his wrist (which made him develop an adorable bald spot.) He is my scaredy pig/drama queen. When you pick him up (which is DIFFICULT, he hops around so fast even with his little gimp) he shrieks like you're torturing him, but the second you plop him down on your chest he makes himself comfortable. Just don't touch his butt :p

View attachment 43888
one of his first days home, eating a grape

View attachment 43889
:D

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are beautiful, I especially like the agouti! :)

Thanks :) My older two came from pet stores (before I knew how bad they were). Peri came from a Jack's Pets near where we live (we drove to like 3 different towns near by trying to find a cage mate for Aja, most places didn't have any because it was shortly after Christmas). She was already 6 months old. She wasn't really what I was looking for (I wanted a more talkative pig), but my fiance was sold after he held her and she nuzzled up under his neck. :) She really is quiet the little cuddler and I really enjoy that. I'm so glad we decided to bring her home with us.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
I don't see if I posted on here yet, so here goes! (I'm excited)
It's upside down, but you can still see her properly! She is an American single pig and is four months old. Here's another pic:
I just took this one, it's floor time and we're looking at pigtures together, which she loves! Does anyone have any ideas on why the pigtures are coming out upside down/sideways?
Oh, and I have a success story with her first veggies! She had lettuce a few days ago. I gave her one piece which she devoured completely, then put the other piece in a treat bowl in her cage, then put HER in the cage...she ran into the hideaway at first, so I thought she was done...but she came out fast, and dragged the rest of the lettuce into her hideaway with her! That was a good story to tell :)
I forgot to mention she came from WAPC, a local pet store... But she is doing great! Can I use aloe for peeling though?

Attachments

image.jpg

Piggies_4_Life

Cavy Slave
Those eyes! So cute!!! :)

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*
Picture of three from left to right: Dwight, Hubert, and Otto. Solo picture: Picard. They all live together, just didn't get Picard in the picture with Dwight, Hubert, and Otto.

Dwight is my spunkiest boy. He loves to have everything his way and if something isn't right or he really wants something he's the loudest/most vocal in the bunch.
Hubert has always had issues with his back legs (due to an injury prior to me owning him) and hops around which is pretty much the cutest thing ever. He prefers to be alone in his piggy mansion but I keep him with his brother and my other two boys because he hasn't caused any physical harm to anyone yet (but he is very snappy). Love his rogue attitude and the fact that if the tv is on he's right there with me.
Otto is my boy. He's constantly amazing me by being the sweetest guinea pig I have ever owned. He's super friendly, outgoing, and he gets along with everybody and anyone.
Picard is a sweet boy like Otto. He's ALWAYS eating or standing on his hind end begging for veggies. He's a HUGE fatty unlike my other boys.

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
Such adorable piggies everyone and very precious pictures. My piggies, oh this could take a little while since I have seven right now. I guess I'll go in order of getting them.

Sherlock and Holmes (Holmes is on the left)

Next we have Momo and Choco(Yeah she recently had pups)

And last but not least, the three little pigs ;)
From left to right: Abby, Panda, and Wren

Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Panda and Wren now live in a cage of their own.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Thanks :) My older two came from pet stores (before I knew how bad they were). Peri came from a Jack's Pets near where we live (we drove to like 3 different towns near by trying to find a cage mate for Aja, most places didn't have any because it was shortly after Christmas). She was already 6 months old. She wasn't really what I was looking for (I wanted a more talkative pig), but my fiance was sold after he held her and she nuzzled up under his neck. :) She really is quiet the little cuddler and I really enjoy that. I'm so glad we decided to bring her home with us.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the talkative piggies - Mitzi won't stop wheeking and it's just so cute! Haha, that's really cute :) I have the best of both worlds when it comes to piggie personalities, Mitzi being the talkative mischevious one and Millie the shy, cuddly, quiet one!

piggielover89

Cavy Slave
I have a million pictures of my piggies so its hard to pick which ones :) I have four but im going to do the boys and girls seperate.

My fiirst pair are two American girls, Oreo and Sable. I adopted them from a rescue when were three months old and they are now 8 months old. When i went to look at the piggie pairs that were available at the founders house, I held Oreo and after she calmed down she went right to my cheek and gave me a kiss and i knew i had to take them home :) Oreo (black and white) is the shy reserved one. She still seems to be scared but once you get her out she will just sit in your lap. She is missing one of her back toes, but it looks like she was born like that. Sable (brown agouti and white) is the dominant one in their cage. She can be the one to pick fights in the cage if she wants to be where Oreo is and there have been a few nips in the past when she wasn't in the mood to be held i guess. As time goes on Oreo is becoming less shy and Sable is becoming friendlier. They are both adorable in my opinion :)

Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*

piggielover89

Cavy Slave
My second pair is one American boy, Buddy, and one Abby boy, Luke. They were also both adopted from the same rescue. After i got my girls i started fostering for the rescue. We took in a mom who had just had her babies the night before (the previous people were planning on eating her until they saw she was pregnant). It ended up being two girl babies and one boy baby. I fostered the group until the three week weening period was over. During these three weeks the little boy stole my heart- he is so cute and makes all these sounds and i knew i couldnt let him go so i adopted him :) (his mom and sisters found an amazing home as well). I didnt want him to be by himself, and my boyfriend wanted an abby to add to our mix, so when our rescue took in Luke, one year old at the time, and i fostered him to see if Buddy and Luke could be friends, i knew he was going to be the fourth piggie in our crew.

Buddy (now about 4 months old) and Luke (a little over a year) have completely different personalities. They both will run up to the side of the cage whenever we walk in but Buddy is the noicemaker and the piggie thats always moving and always seems to want to play with Luke. You cant get him to sit in your lap for more than two minutes. Luke likes laying out in his hiddy house and to just walk around. He loves to stand up on his hind legs too (see picture below) When you pick him up he will usually sit in your lap. My boyfriend has pictures of the two of them watching football together :)

Buddy is the tri-color American and luke is the white, chocolate, and rust Abby. The first picture is of Buddy (on the right) with his mom and sisters when they first came into the rescue!

Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*Tell me about your piggies! *Add pictures too*

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.