Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wood Pellets/Chips Wood Pellets brand question

Demiba

Cavy Slave
I went to my local Tractor Supply to purchase wood pellets and they had Ozark Hardwood Products pellets. The bags had a warning on them about "not responsible for damage to humans or animals from consumption and that they were only to be used for fuel." The bag lists only 100% hardwood with no additives so it seems safe but I wanted to check with the experts on this forum. Here is the website: www.ozarkhardwoodproducts.com:?:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
This is not directed particularly to you, @Demiba, but how many times do we have to say that hardwood pellets with no accelerant are fine?

Pellets are largely a local product because they're so heavy to ship, and the raw materials are everywhere. A common brand in one location may never have been seen or heard of 500 miles away. Check the bags. If they're hardwood with no accelerants, they're fine. If they're softwood, they should be dried and with no accelerants, and should have no strong pine odor. That's all there is to it.

Demiba

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the reply. I only asked because the warning label threw me off.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.