Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Website to order coroplast?

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
Any body know of a website you can order coroplast from? I can't find anywhere in my town that sales it. Maybe I just don't know where to look

Katie Vetter

Cavy Slave
I'm following this thread, because I have the same problem! I mean, not that I wouldn't love to order from here but I am looking to make my own custom c&c cage.

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
I'm following this thread, because I have the same problem! I mean, not that I wouldn't love to order from here but I am looking to make my own custom c&c cage.
Same here...i made a 3ft by 4ft for each of my pigs...i will expand it when i can find the stuff to make the bottem...right now its a tarp with puppy pads then fleece

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
I got my coroplast from Home Depot if you guys have one near you! It took a while to find but if you go online here: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coropla...-Plastic-Sheet-CP4896S/205351385?N=5yc1vZc9ws you can put in your location and it will locate it in a store near you! This is the biggest sheet they carry. If you don't have a truck, you'll nee to cut it in half and gently fold it to fit it into the back of a 4 door car.

Hope that helps :)

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
I got my coroplast from Home Depot if you guys have one near you! It took a while to find but if you go online here: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coropla...-Plastic-Sheet-CP4896S/205351385?N=5yc1vZc9ws you can put in your location and it will locate it in a store near you! This is the biggest sheet they carry. If you don't have a truck, you'll nee to cut it in half and gently fold it to fit it into the back of a 4 door car.

Hope that helps :)
I checked...they don't have it at mine! And thry don't ship

Lagertha

Cavy Slave

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
I got my coro from FastSigns several years back. Look around and see if you can find any sign shops. You'll have to call them and specially order the coroplast because usually those shops make the signs for people, but in my experience they're very cooperative in just selling you the raw coroplast if you tell them it's for a guinea pig cage.
I will check into it!

wombats

Cavy Slave
I got mine from a local sign shop a few minutes from me. They do some seriously fantastic and professional sign work for businesses and they do everything from paint for vans and boats to custom carved letters and yard sale signs. They didn't list anything saying they sold coroplast, but I figured it'd be worth a try.

I emailed the owner asking if they sold coroplast or could redirect me to their distributer, and lo and behold he said he could get me a full sheet (8 ft by 4 ft) in any color, in literally a day or two, for $30. They even cut it to size, free of charge! But I never would have known had I not asked. So if you do find a place near you but aren't not sure if they sell it, just ask...you never know :)

Katie Vetter

Cavy Slave
I actually just got off the phone with home depot, and they were very helpful. They said they don't have coroplast, but have a very similar brand. Its the same product, just a knock off brand. Its called Plaskolite. Thanks for the help, you guys.

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
Neither of you list your location, so the rest of us can't help very much. Just tell us the nearest larger city (and state) (not your address) and perhaps someone can suggest something within driving distance.
Owensboro Kentucky here

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
I thought I might be able to help, but no luck. :sad: Many of us buy our coroplast from a company called Sabic Polymershapes which has great prices and a variety of colors in 4' x 8' sheets. Alas, there isn't an outlet anywhere near you. I'm fortunate to have one just about 10 minutes from my home.
Thanks for trying.....I will keep looking..but is there an alternative Material I could us to make a base for my c&c cage?

Last edited:

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
I actually just got off the phone with home depot, and they were very helpful. They said they don't have coroplast, but have a very similar brand. Its the same product, just a knock off brand. Its called Plaskolite. Thanks for the help, you guys.
My home depot has that but only 2ftx4ft...my cage is bigger...how can I make it work?

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
My home depot has that but only 2ftx4ft...my cage is bigger...how can I make it work?

The plaskolite is the only coro i can find too. You have to tape it together but it will work. It's what I use

KatNicholson

Cavy Slave
The plaskolite is the only coro i can find too. You have to tape it together but it will work. It's what I use
Could I hot glue it?

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
Definitely home depot...they all carry them...many oftheir employess dont even know but its in the flooring department next to th plexiglass

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
I bought a sheet of plexiglass and molded it into whefe my coroplast was...expensive...but way easierto clean and it looks better

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
Could I hot glue it?

I think hot glue would melt the coro and just make a big mess, but I'm not sure. Also hot glue never comes out flat so you might end up with holes and ridges that you can't clean in the glue seam.

I'd use packing or moving tape, it's clear and sticks smooth so it should be easy to clean. You can get it near the moving supplies at the Home Depot when you get the coro, and it's not expensive.

kim.mcginn268

Cavy Slave
Thanks for trying.....I will keep looking..but is there an alternative Material I could us to make a base for my c&c cage?
The site I use for that stuff is Guineapigmarket.com

Rybatace

Cavy Slave
My Home Depot only carries small sheets, and they are very expensive. The sign shop mp was a much better option for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.