Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggy coming to our home

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
Found a piggy on craigslist. Looks like we are taking it in. Don't know if we will be fostering or keeping. The person doesn't even know its gender (they have 3 pigs and don't know the gender of this pig... that worries me). We will be picking it up tonight as soon as I can get out there. Will try to keep everyone posted.

New piggy coming to our home

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Aw! It's cute. Love the colors. Hope everything works out well.

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
@Inle_Rabbie thank you :) I hope everything goes well too. The thing that worries me most is they have 3 pigs (they r rehoming this one because their kids only play with two -_-), but they don't know the gender. How can you have multiple pigs and have NO CLUE what the gender is?

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
aw it is cute i hope it is healthy and if it is a girl not pregnant

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
@Megaredize even if it is pregnant it will do it good to be in a home that actually knows pigs. it will be safer for both mom and babies. but i hope it is healthy. if it is a boy, it will just be a foster because we have all girls at home.

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Just ADORABLE! She/he we don't know what it is, is to DIE FOR! Beautiful colors. At rescues near me they do great fixes for under $50! Love to see some more pigtures!:D

:cheerful: Good Luck :cheerful:

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
@soccerchickgrp5 we r kind of hard pressed for money right now. she/he will be well cared for while in our care, but if it is a male, he will be finding a forever home somewhere else. with planning a wedding on a already limited budget, having him fixed is out of the question. (we have plenty of food and veggies to care for another one and we have supplies to expand our cage if it is a female and we decide to keep it. If it is male we will need to buy some more grids, but we have the rest of the stuff for another cage. And we have a pet store cage we can use for quarantine.

Sindas

Cavy Slave
S/he is very pretty. Also hoping if it's a girl she's not pregnant. But I agree, if s/he is pregnant s/he is probably much better off in your care. Good luck!

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
@Sindas i don't think i have to worry about pregnancy if it is a he LOL but i know what u mean :)

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@soccerchickgrp5 we r kind of hard pressed for money right now. she/he will be well cared for while in our care, but if it is a male, he will be finding a forever home somewhere else. with planning a wedding on a already limited budget, having him fixed is out of the question. (we have plenty of food and veggies to care for another one and we have supplies to expand our cage if it is a female and we decide to keep it. If it is male we will need to buy some more grids, but we have the rest of the stuff for another cage. And we have a pet store cage we can use for quarantine.

Awesome! I love weddings!!!!! Sounds like you having everything cared for!!! Like it's piggy heaven!:p

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
That sounds reasonable guineagal, either way the pig will be taken care of either permanently or temporary until he can find a good home.

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
Well, HE is about as sweet as sweet can be. My fiance doesn't want to get rid of him (and he was dead set on only keeping 3 guineas)... so I told him we can either get him fixed and put him in with the girls, or we can build a second cage and get him a companion. I explained to him that the little boy would not be allowed near our girls at all unless he gets fixed, even supervised (he was not aware of that). So... I will keep everyone posted on what happens. Not sure what to name him yet though.

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
We picked out a name. We are calling him Oparu :)

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I helped in deciding on that name! I cant wait to see more pics of opa-san

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave

bguardguy

Cavy Slave
Look at that little cutie butt!

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
that's the best i could do... he kept running away to clinton. Daddy's little man already :)

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy for you Allison :)

CookiesMom

Cavy Slave
Yay! S/he is very pretty. I got my little Cookie from Craigslist. The girl knew she was a girl, but she did not want her anymore because one of her other pigs was pregnant, and she wanted the babies instead. So I got my little Cookie, who, it turned out, was also PREGNANT! So I got a bonus! I feel lucky, because I never would breed, but I got some little cuties by accident, and they are wonderful. I was terrified that she would have problems, and had the emergency vet on speed-dial, but it all went great.
Anyway, your new piggie has hit the piggie lottery now. Best.
-Ellie.

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
@CookiesMom it is definately a HE... now the only thing is to decide what we are doing with him. He is quite taken with my fiance, and my fiance loves having another male in the house (me + daughter + 3 female guineas = one out numbered fiance LOL). I am going to call the vet tomorrow and ask how much it would cost to have him neutered. If we can't get it done cheap, he will have to find another home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.