Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Is This a Breeder? If So Please Flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@labgirl5, given that her original ads all specify wanting roan/dalmatian pigs for breeding, I'd say she unfortunately knows exactly what the genetics involved can lead to, and doesn't care :/ I envisage her thinking something along the lines of 'Sure it could result in lethal pups, but hey, roans and dalmatians are cute, I want baby ones!' :(

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I agree with you guys. She knows that much about genetics and shes got her ugly claws into Jasmine and won't be letting go. On top of being so careless about breeding her in the first place, she is going to continue to do it immediately after she gives birth. Jasmine is 2 so her odds of surviving one labor is terrible as it is, and this woman is going to do it back to back.

Thanks for all your condolences and support with the faux breeder account. I deleted it right after she told me she is definitely pregnant. I am 100% percent sure she had no clue it was me because I was extremely subtle and even seemed like Jasmine was a throw in bonus or something and never called her by name. I referred to her by her traits.

You know, earlier today when I was liking other breeder pages on my faux account and joining breeder groups in local areas t make the account look more authentic, I saw a short video of this breeders 2 piglets only a day old and commented and asked why was there only two and the reply was " There were 3 but the baby girl was DOA. So sad, because she was a beautifully white and would have been so cute". It seriously made me sick. Some of you guys may think I am over reacting, I don't know, but I was sickened because all she seemed to care about was that the pretty sow was dead. The money maker. I was sad because it was a life lost because someone was greedy and saw them as damaged or defective merchandise or something. It was a life...worth far more than they were valuing it.

Cavys may be small, and valued at $30 because of the backyard breeders and mills supplying pet stores in society...but they, along with other life, are worth so so much more.

I hope that newbies to guinea pigs and this forum, who still publicly defend their knowledgeable decision in buying a breeder or pet store pig because they feel they are saving the sow, or boar for that matter, see this thread and see just what breeders will do to make money and re think their decision. I hope that Jasmine's plight helps sway them. And I am not attacking any newbies...I am just hoping this helps them change their minds.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I agree with you guys. She knows that much about genetics and shes got her ugly claws into Jasmine and won't be letting go. On top of being so careless about breeding her in the first place, she is going to continue to do it immediately after she gives birth. Jasmine is 2 so her odds of surviving one labor is terrible as it is, and this woman is going to do it back to back.

Thanks for all your condolences and support with the faux breeder account. I deleted it right after she told me she is definitely pregnant. I am 100% percent sure she had no clue it was me because I was extremely subtle and even seemed like Jasmine was a throw in bonus or something and never called her by name. I referred to her by her traits.

You know, earlier today when I was liking other breeder pages on my faux account and joining breeder groups in local areas t make the account look more authentic, I saw a short video of this breeders 2 piglets only a day old and commented and asked why was there only two and the reply was " There were 3 but the baby girl was DOA. So sad, because she was a beautifully white and would have been so cute". It seriously made me sick. Some of you guys may think I am over reacting, I don't know, but I was sickened because all she seemed to care about was that the pretty sow was dead. The money maker. I was sad because it was a life lost because someone was greedy and saw them as damaged or defective merchandise or something. It was a life...worth far more than they were valuing it.

Cavys may be small, and valued at $30 because of the backyard breeders and mills supplying pet stores in society...but they, along with other life, are worth so so much more.

I hope that newbies to guinea pigs and this forum, who still publicly defend their knowledgeable decision in buying a breeder or pet store pig because they feel they are saving the sow, or boar for that matter, see this thread and see just what breeders will do to make money and re think their decision. I hope that Jasmine's plight helps sway them. And I am not attacking any newbies...I am just hoping this helps them change their minds.

Just reading half of your post made me sick. I just can't rap my head around it.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear that you couldn't get Jasmine back. I believe in karma and that breeder who has her is racking up some serious negative karma. It will come back on her when she least expects it.

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Im sorry @Zombie Queen! You tried your best, don't worry. That girl makes my blood boil, Im sorry you couldn't get her back. Its people like her that make me angry and hate the human race even more.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
This is why I prefer animals over people.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
If someone put me on an island with an animal and a person and asked me to kill one or the other I'd kill the person. Like seriously.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Animals are loyal. I believe they are loyal to their instincts first and then us, but they ate still loyal.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Not are they loyal to their instincts they trust it more. Think of it this way with animals you have to build a bond right. If your instincts were always right and never failed you. Who would you follow first your instincts that never fails or a human that does even if its once. Animals always follow their instincts and it never fails them. If they can't depend on us or their instincts who can they. Sadly we humans just don't work like that our instincts do fail.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I am actually starting to think that it's not her per say...it's her ad but it's been put up by Guinea Pig Zone?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I don't know maybe

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I am actually starting to think that it's not her per say...it's her ad but it's been put up by Guinea Pig Zone?

It's not her directly. She put an ad on Guinea Pig Zone. Does GPZ have rules about breeders like this forum does?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
No idea I don't really go on guinea pig zone

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I just reported her on GPZ.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That's definitely her photos, and I still maintain sure that I've seen someone actually post those photos directly on here....

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
That's definitely her photos, and I still maintain sure that I've seen someone actually post those photos directly on here....

Really? Gonna Pig Zone is taking them down, I think. I just got an email for the direct links to her ads on that site.

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
why wuld she want roans to breed thats horrible poor babies that are gonna be born people are just terrible

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've removed the listings from here and the Zone. Yes, she is very definitely a breeder. She was asked point blank multiple times, by Zombie Queen and by me directly, and she continued to lie about it. When I replied back with all of her page links, she finally admitted it. Can't deny it with all the photos and posts.

I found her responses entertaining and just standard stupid fare from a backyard breeder. Nothing new. Same old crap.

But, please flag the original Craigslist link on this thread. And keep an eye on future CL posts of hers.

Oh and she wants to go to the police for this thread. Bwahaha! Entertaining.

So, game over. Of course, she'll go on her merry way breeding, but she'll be duping a few less adopters and rehomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.