Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Forum extremely slow?

mamattorney

Cavy Slave
I have found the forum to be extremely slow the past few days. Nothing seems to want to load. Is it just me? It doesn't matter whether I use my computer, tablet or phone.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Mines working fine! Knock on wood.

Watch my computer break now.

:grumpy:

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Mine usually logs me in automatically, and now I keep getting it logged out when I come here and shows up as an indirect link message but it's not running slow. That's just something weird that never happened before the past two days.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I have not had any problems on any of my devices.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
No problems here.

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Invalid Redirect URL (https://guineapigcages.com/forum/index.php)

This is what it tells me when I log in the first time, then it's fine after the second log in. Could be a chrome issue maybe, I don't log in anywhere else.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Invalid Redirect URL (https://guineapigcages.com/forum/index.php)

This is what it tells me when I log in the first time, then it's fine after the second log in. Could be a chrome issue maybe, I don't log in anywhere else.

I tried using Chrome on my phone and found it to be broken to the point of being useless despite it being fully updated. I wish I could uninstall it completely.

Anyway this forum runs slowly but it's only because I am running on a cheap 3G connection. I like the richness of the forum format but it's rough on slower connections.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Carissa6729, try cleaning your browser's cache and see if that solves your redirect problem.

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Yea I tried cookies and the cache and it still does it. It's not a dire emergency or anything, just kinda like hmmm...I'll mess around more with my settings and see if I can't clear it up. I'm pretty sure it's operator error, just something I never saw before come up that did suddenly.

mamattorney

Cavy Slave
OK - thanks. It must be my internet connection then. I use Mozilla generally and tried logging in with IE and it was stil slow. Since my phone and tablet are also slow and the only thing they have in common is our home wi-fi, that must be the problem. The only strange thing is that everything else is loading normally. It's just this site that spins and spins and spins. It will probably take almost a minute between my hitting post quick reply to actually making it to the next screen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.