Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss not sure what this is help!

bethbell97

Cavy Slave
I just bought two guinea pigs home today when I got home before puttimg thwm in there new cage I looked them over and on one of them when I pulled back the hair I found a grey bald patch it didnt look sore I kindo looks like a scab and around the out side of it it has little bumps please help I dont know what to think it is

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Picture, please?

Lizzieball12

Cavy Slave
It's possible that it's ringworm. If the area is gray, dry, and flaky looking, it's ringworm. Take him to the vet and they'll give you an oral medication that needs to be given until the patches are gone and the hair grows back. Quarantine the one who has it and watch the one who doesn't. If patches start showing up on the other then you'll have to give meds to both.

bethbell97

Cavy Slave
It's possible that it's ringworm. If the area is gray, dry, and flaky looking, it's ringworm. Take him to the vet and they'll give you an oral medication that needs to be given until the patches are gone and the hair grows back. Quarantine the one who has it and watch the one who doesn't. If patches start showing up on the other then you'll have to give meds to both.

There is only one patch and its not flaky nor red so im not sure if it is ringworm the pet store didnt say anything about it ...

Rywen

Cavy Slave
If it turns out to be ringworm you can treat it with topical anti fungal cream. But as @bpatters said it would help to see a picture. Also you can read about piggie fungal skin conditions and check pictures here: https://www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.