Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Our House is Filled with Sound Again! New Piggy!

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
My heart is so totally broken over the loss of Gizzy and seeing how Sniper was staring at her empty cage we decided to go in search of a Guinea Pig this weekend and we found one in desperate need of a forever home!!

Please meet our new baby Abby. She is an Abby thus I named her Muis Abby - (Muis means mouse in my language cause she is small and noisy and never stops eating)

She LOVES Sniper and follows him everywhere!! Finally he found a friend that adores him back. Seeing as though Sniper is very quiet its a blessing to hear this noisy little piggy!!

So here she is
Born 11 August 2012

Our House is Filled with Sound Again! New Piggy!

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness she looks so tiny, she is so cute, congrats

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Congratulations -- she is adorable! I love her ears. I bet Gizzy is whispering secrets to her from across the Rainbow Bridge!

LeePetVet

Cavy Slave
Abby is so cute!

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
I love her ears.
Me too!!! They are thinner than paper but I love that one is black and one is white. Her top lip is black and the bottom one white!! She is truly adorable ....but I may be a bit bias!! heheheh

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
VERY cute! She's just a little puff-ball! Congrats on the new addition.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so glad you got a new pig, and that she loves Sniper! Poor guy, he deserves some love after the way Gizzy treated him. If Gizzy is whispering in this new one's ear, I hope Muis Abby is ignoring her!

kananaka

Cavy Slave
She is beautiful. SO glad they are getting along!

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
What a sweet little face! Glad you found a new piggy to love and spoil. :)

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
I'm so glad you got a new pig, and that she loves Sniper! Poor guy, he deserves some love after the way Gizzy treated him. If Gizzy is whispering in this new one's ear, I hope Muis Abby is ignoring her!

I am sooo with you on this one!! And Sniper is playing the role of Big Brother perfectly!! Muis Abby sleeps on top of his head...he has no choice in this matter it seems. Then if I come past the cage (which happens often) Sniper comes out for a hello then Abby will run out...see the big giant standing there with lettuce hands and run back to the other tent. Then when she comes out and Sniper has maybe moved on to one of the other tents or hiding spots and she does not see him she will stand in one spot and wheek (my hubby says she SCREAMS cause that is what it sounds like) till Sniper gives up and comes out of where ever he was in - then when she sees him she runs to him and he can go back to lazing around. It is the most adorable thing ever! He even allows her to take food right out of his mouth!! I thought for sure its going to cause a fight but he does not care! This big 900gram boar is letting a 165gram snowball walk all over him!! (Ps before anyone panics Sniper is Snipped!) So she might not love me yet as much but she sure does adore poor Sniper!!

lissie

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new addition. They sound so adorable together. You *must* post some pictures of them together!

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
@lissie it is very hard to get photos of Muis Abby still but here are a few small ones I snapped with my cellphone:

Hey Sniper wait for me....

Hey Sniper can I squeeze in here next to you

Yip...that white dot under Sniper is indeed Abby

Sharing a bowl of Lettuce, mini corn, cucumber and pellets. I normally do not do meals like this, we are just still trying to see if there is anything Abby totally loves...so far she eats everything! But as you can see Sniper has no issue with her wanting to eat right where he is eating!

BedfordCavies

Cavy Slave
So very happy for your family! Welcome little Abby!

galya137

Cavy Slave
GizzyandMe!! She's just so adorable!! And really tiny and cute like a little mouse. Congratulations on your new addition!
It's just so funny how she follows Sniper everywhere, as seen in the pictures!!!
Once again, congratulation!!! :)

galya137

Cavy Slave
I am sooo with you on this one!! And Sniper is playing the role of Big Brother perfectly!! Muis Abby sleeps on top of his head...he has no choice in this matter it seems. Then if I come past the cage (which happens often) Sniper comes out for a hello then Abby will run out...see the big giant standing there with lettuce hands and run back to the other tent. Then when she comes out and Sniper has maybe moved on to one of the other tents or hiding spots and she does not see him she will stand in one spot and wheek (my hubby says she SCREAMS cause that is what it sounds like) till Sniper gives up and comes out of where ever he was in - then when she sees him she runs to him and he can go back to lazing around. It is the most adorable thing ever! He even allows her to take food right out of his mouth!! I thought for sure its going to cause a fight but he does not care! This big 900gram boar is letting a 165gram snowball walk all over him!! (Ps before anyone panics Sniper is Snipped!) So she might not love me yet as much but she sure does adore poor Sniper!!

Thank you for sharing this with us. I just got in to work, as usually check up here before I start my daily work load. And this has totally made my morning because I'm still barely awake haha!!

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
So adorable! Glad she found a forever home with you!!!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
How adorable! I love how Abby is being a little sister to Sniper. Those pictures are so sweet. Nothing ever removes the sense of loss from a furry little friend, but I truly think the best way to honor their memory is to use the loss as an opportunity to give another piggy a good home. It looks like Sniper can have a real friendship now.

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
What a little cutie! I'm glad you found a friend for Sniper so soon, I know how hard you said it was to find piggies in your area! Have they become more common in the last two years?

ZenMama

Cavy Slave
Look at that sweet face! She does look like a little mouse. So glad you found her, and she found a good home.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Well first of all congratulations on your new Piggy!! Muis Abby is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute,tiny and fluffy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.