Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Twinwall Plastic Sheet - "Coroplast" from Home Depot?

KBraymer

Cavy Slave
I have rescued two lovely guinea piggies (one a few months ago, suffering a foot infection, and another a few days ago) and have been in the process of building their cage.
They are both males, and the newbie is in quarantine.
I managed to score three boxes of six 18" x 18" metal panels, shown here, for basically free via the wonderful CL:

(broken link removed)

That gives me 18 panels total, each one 18" x 18".

I planned out a cage that will be 2 panels by 3 panels, or 36" x 54" long. That's 13.5 sq. feet, with a full top because I have kitties & a dog.

I was looking at Coroplast and found this at Home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/COROSPL...Plastic-Sheet-COR-3672/202771364#.UqPCdcRDt48

It is a 72 in. x 36 in. x 5/32 in. Twinwall Plastic Sheet. 5/32 in. is equivalent to 3.9 mm thick, about the same as the 4mm cages I see around here.

Will this work in place of Coroplast? Is this Coroplast? It does not say corrugated anywhere that I can find.
When I asked if it could be rolled up to fit in my car, I received a "no" from the employee. He said it may be able to be bent but he doubts it can be rolled up.

Is this usable? It is only 13.46$?
The comments almost all mention guinea pigs, which makes me hopeful.

Thanks for helping a newbie out! :)
I want to have the cage ready in a week so that when the quarantine is over I can gradually introduce my two piggies in this new, bigger cage. (We will have 2 panels leftover for a perfect divider.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Coroplast is a brand name of polypropylene (plastic) twinwall so it should be perfect. The size of the sheet would work well for a cage and it's a good price! It can be rolled but you have to make a large roll and not a tight one. You might want to bring someone else with you to help you roll it. Tape it with package sealing tape. I connect two belts together and belt it around the roll so it doesn't open in my car.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Yes, that is what you're looking for. I just bought some on Thursday.

KBraymer

Cavy Slave
Awesome!! Thanks :)

I am so looking forward to building this tomorrow, I love the 18" x 18" panels, they are so big I can use two for the width instead of three smaller ones.

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
I actually use that. They work perfectly fine for coroplast.

bonkerzmommy13

Cavy Slave
I use the stuff from home depot. Its exactly what you need!

bonkerzmommy13

Cavy Slave
I used one sheet from Home Depot for my 4*2 cage. I have 4.5 inch walls. There was a little strip left over that was perfect for a ramp to my hay loft.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.