Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Eating Too Fast

Slamb

Cavy Slave
2 of my girls eat too fast and they cough a few times sitting meals. They are perfectly fine and I don't need to take them to the vet. They cough from eating too quickly. Any tips on how to get them to eat slower?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If they're fine, then don't worry about it.

How fine are you chopping their veggies? Many people think smaller is better, but it's really the other way around. They're much more likely to get choked, or partially choked, on finely diced veggies than on large hunks.

If they're fine, then don't worry about it.

How fine are you chopping their veggies? Many people think smaller is better, but it's really the other way around. They're much more likely to get choked, or partially choked, on finely diced veggies than on large hunks.
I give them larger chunks, but it's not just veggies. They do it with their pellets too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My boar Punkin is a cougher, and has been since he was born. He loves to dive into his hay pile (literally) and then he'll cough loudly a few times, and then go on his merry way.

I know if he gets something caught in his airway, it could turn into an upper respiratory infection. I'm aware of this, however, and I'm always monitoring my boys for any changes.

My girl eats quickly too, but I think it is all right, no need to worry!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.