Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog 2- Adopting: A lump.

Blog entry from old forum

PooTrishy

Cavy Slave
A few weeks ago I adopted a wonderful pig. Her name is Brownie, she's 3 years old and couldn't be sweeter.
Now, I found Brownie on Kijiji. Her previous owner was giving her away because her and her family weren't spending as much time with her as she deserved. Or so they said.
The day Brownie arrived I couldn't be more excited. I had the space ready for her cage, and I was patiently waiting to hear from her owner that was going to drop her off.
Soon she contacted me and let me know she was going to be arriving, and then eventually she showed up at my door. She gave me the cage and supplies, some toys; I took them inside and put them in my room. Then she brought out a little plastic basket. Inside wrapped in some fleece with a bit of timothy hay was my new old pig.
The owner then pulled up the fleece near Brownie's bum to show me a lump. She told me she took Brownie to the vet, and they said it was a fat deposit. But she didn't offer up any papers to prove it. :expressio
Now I will be taking Brownie to the vet to have it looked at and possibly removed. I understand if the previous owner couldn't afford to give proper care to the pig that she should try and give it to someone who can. But by hiding the fact that she may have an illness does not accomplish this. What If I couldn't afford to take Brownie to the vet? What if I was just another irresponsible pig owner? I would have most likely done the same thing that the previous owner did and passed on poor Brownie to some one elses hands. Which would cost so much pointless stress on Brownie. This owner lucked out with me answering her add. I will make sure Brownie gets the help she needs. I just wish people would carer more about their pets then whats in their wallets.
Your pet is not just an animal, but a member of your family. And they should be treated that way.

I completely agree with you. It's so sad how someone could just give away a family pet because it becomes an inconvenience to them. I"m so happy that Brownie has found her forever home with you. I believe it was meant to be. Enjoy your wonderful new life Brownie.

I know this if off the subject but could you please tell me how to make an entry??
Thanks you so much! x

She will be so much more happy with me. She did find her happy forever home =)

And Elyssa, you won't be able to post in your blog til you become a Cavy Slave. But trust me, it's worth the wait =)

Okaay thanks =) how long does it take? i have a desperate question i need to enter about my pet guinea pig.

Awh that's so great that you have her now! =) I suppose at least she found someone to take her rather than dump her at a shelter or somewhere.

It takes 30 days or you to post 10 posts that are approved by moderators. But you can post questions in threads by going to the forum page and scrolling down to where the Discussions are listed. Then next to the title that best suits your question click on the little blue icon that looks like a piece of paper. That's how you post a new thread.
If your question is about your piggies health, however, all anyone can do is guess and then suggest you take your pet to the vet. But there you go =)

And thanks Kimberly! I feel the same way <3

I'm so glad Brownie found you! Please keep us updated on her progress! :)

I will for sure! Thanks for caring =)

You can subscribe to blogs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.