Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Long time no Wheek and vacation plans

Blog entry from old forum

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
It has been a while since I have posted anything.

I have learned that I am a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to piggy health.
And the less time I am on the site the less I worry about every little thing with the pigs.

All 4 are doing well.
I have noticed an increase in their appetites. They seem to be constantly hungry. I am feeding the same amount as always but you would think to hear them that I am starving them.

Supposed to be going on vacation for a few days. And of course my pig sitter fell through.
My usual one graduated from college and moved on.
My new one is going out of town herself.

And my back up chickened out and said she could not accept the responsibility.

I can't fault her. And I definitely don't want her taking care of them if she does not feel ready or capable to do it.

So.... the pigs are headed out of town with me. To say that space is going to be limited where I am going is the understatement of the century.

The only space I will have access to in a safe location for them is a dining room table. I have already figured out that I will only be able to put a 2x4 cage on it safely. and I have 4 pigs...... 2 boars that cannot stay in same cage and 2 females that easily get on each other's nerve if they do not have their personal space.

My boys are pretty flexible. Patch is happy if he has something to jump up on and hid under. George is happy with a quiet dark place to nap.
Unfortunately, I will have to divide that 2x4 into 2 1x2s and 1 2x2 for the girls

Stacking is not an option because of the height of the table. and on the floor is out of the question because they have small yapping dogs and 3 kids under the age of 5.

It is not ideal, but I am hoping they can deal with it for the 6 days we will be there.

I hate it when I have to take them away from their big comfy cages.

And packing to take 4 pigs out of town is not an easy task.
Last time I did not bring enough hay.
And because their cages will be sooooo small, I have got to figure out how to make their hay accessible without taken up too make space with the feeder.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.