Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog I feel like the world just screwed me over. *pig adoption fail*

Blog entry from old forum

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
Yeah, so my pig got adopted. I tried to adopt him, but I'm a few months under eighteen, so I couldn't. My parents are on vacation so they couldn't adopt him for their "child". I called my mother and asked if I could have my 23 year old friend adopt him for me, she told me to, "wait". I told her he'd be gone by then and she told me he'd still be there. HSMO wouldn't hold him for me, I thought they'd make an exception for me because I volunteer there, educating children on small animal care.

A little part of me wanted to grab him and run.. He needed his nails trimmed, his grease glad cleaned, he didn't have enough hay, he never got veggies, I wanted to get him out of there. But clearly, as a seventeen year old, I was a child who was having an impulsive, "I want a fluffy!" moment. Did you know all children are irrational until their eighteenth birthday when they magically grow-up?

I live in the adult world but I do not have the same rights. I am expected to be an adult but I am not treated like one. I've not done anything wrong and yet I am untrustworthy.

I feel like the person who adopted him stole from me, as silly as that sounds. All humans are irrational when they experience great loss. He had a stupid name that his original owner who dumped him because he was "boring" came up with, so I renamed him Sir Lancelot, he was a white knight. :tearsofjo

Goodbye Lancy.:love:
I feel like the world just screwed me over. *pig adoption fail*

I should be happy he got adopted, but I feel from the bottom of my heart that I could give him the best life. I was going to adopt him tomorrow..

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. I had the same thing happen, though it was by the woman fostering the guinea I originally was interested in. I ended up meeting her, and found out how educated she was on piggy care, and knew that she was just as good of a candidate as myself. In the process, I found another piggy in need, and was instantly drawn to him. Perhaps these things happen for a reason, and a piggy is out there waiting just for you.

I also completely understand the 'under eighteen' mentality. I joined the military in 2006 at 17 with a waiver from my parents. Suddenly I was an adult. However, whenever I happened to mention my age without mentioning my status as a soldier, I was treated completely different - like a child. Unfortunately that is a stigma that is not helped by the amount of 18 (and even 20)-somethings that still act like spoiled children. It tends to drown out those of us who happened to mature when they go about getting attention for all their stupid antics.

Best of luck to you, I know their is a piggy out there. It just takes a little time and searching.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
So sorry to hear "your" piggy got adopted. It must be so frustrating to be so close and then lose him to someone else for such a senseless reason. It reminds me of when we adopted Borat; there were actually two pigs, and they'd been at the shelter for over two months, yet Bo's buddy got adopted literally minutes before we got there. I never even saw the other pig, yet it annoyed me because I wanted a pair.

Oh well, hopefully this means there's a pig out there who's meant for you and who's going to come your way soon. That's how it was when Borat died and I found Quinn through such a weird set of circumstances. Some lucky piggy doesn't know it yet, but he's got a great home waiting with you.

Piggypogs

Cavy Slave
I feel so sorry but my story was opposite i got to the shelter minutes before other adoption candidates and got to take the little girls home

skittyginny

Cavy Slave
When I said I was seventeen the lady gave me a weird look, even though I was wearing a HSMO shirt and my volunteer name tag, she thought I was some stupid kid!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.