Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Paw is bugging her?

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
I was checking Mocha and she was fine. Then later tonight I took her out, she's with me now, and when she was walking around she was kind of thumping her left foot. She also kept scratching the left side of her body towards her nipple or leg. I checked her nipples and they weren't puffy or crusty. I checked her right foot and she was fine but I went to her left foot and she kept pulling it away from me and when I was feeling it over her wheeks were getting louder. She seems like she doesn't know what side to sleep on. I was petting her and she turned around to look at me so I stopped, then she turned around again, so I started petting her again. (I don't know if that's unusual) Her purrs also sound different, like longer than usual. And she also seems like she doesn't want to eat hay, she'll eat some of it but I haven't had to refill it since this morning. She's now scratching herself on her right side and scratching her ears. Does she have mites? Can anyone help or has anyone had this problem? Thank you!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
@bpatters thank you! It says I can purchase it from Walmart. Is this ok to do? And can humans or other animals get mites too? I heard some where that they can't but just for precaution.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I haven't seen it at Walmart, but you might find it there.

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
@bpatters ok thanks again! I'll take her out tomorrow and see if she's still scratching.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.