Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Wilma, Betty, Pebble and Pearl

jm08acv

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone,
I have just joined this forum however since I have got my piggies I have been reading a lot on here so why not join. Here is my piggy story:
I have been begging my boyfriend for a pet for ages but he has always said no. Then on Christmas morning he called me out to the garage (where he had hidden all of the piggy stuff) and surprised me with these wonderful presents. I have had Guinea pigs before when I was younger a always mention how sweet a pet they make. Later on that day I got to go and choose my two babies who were so small and fluffy Peruvians (sorry guys we got them from a breeder, I know how you all feel about them).

After a few days of being terrified and sitting frozen on our laps the little piggies, who we named Betty and Wilma, eventually warmed up
to us and their personalities began to come out. After a month of letting them settle in we took our pigs for a check up and all was ok. However a week later we noticed that Wilma felt a bit bloated and worried that she was ill we took her back to the vets again..... they hadn't noticed she was pregnant (one of the risks of getting a piggy from a breeder I guess) she was only 3 months old, we even got an ultra sound scan. We read a lot on guinea pig pregnancy to prepare her for the big day and one morning we cam down to find two new little pigs in the cage with her.

After two weeks we had the babies looked at by both the breeder and the vet and luckily they were both girls! We named them Pebbles and Pearl (keeping with the Flintones theme) now we have four happy piggies. The babies are now 2 months and the bigger ones are coming up to 6 months now. All four are in my profile picture.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! I love the Flintstones themed names!

Pipandpoppy

Cavy Slave
What a surprise for Christmas.

MoinkMama

Cavy Slave
I can't see your profile pic for some reason to see them, but I love the names!

jm08acv

Cavy Slave
image.jpg Here is a picture which should be the same as my profile picture

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Aww their so cute.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.