Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing my piggies - anna and elsa

AnnaandElsamom

Cavy Slave
Introduced myself the other day and now here are my piggies... anna and elsa. They are eating well. Very skittish but I am taking time to talk to them and stand by their cage. Researching cages as often as possible.. I probably will buy one as I have no idea how to do the chloroplast... i am not very handy LOL... so buying a premade cage would be better for me. I can hold them and they stay still and let me pet them but they still run.. but I know its early and we just got them! :)

Anyways.... here are my piggies
annaguineapit.JPGelasguineapig.JPG

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Im not handy either but I still made mine by my self. Granted the coroplast is snug but it works. But if you would rather buy one that's up to you. But I found making it myself was cheaper.

HoneyBadger

Cavy Slave
Welcome. The second piggy (Elsa?) has a beautiful rosette!

I got my two girls (both about 1 year old) just over 2 months ago and after hand feeding them one of their veg meals a day they are already doing this:

Good luck with your two piggies!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi there, your girls Anna and Elsa are totally adorable!

AnnaandElsamom

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! Thanks HoneyBadger for sharing that with me. I am handfeeding them a meal a day too. :) I may just enlist hubby to help me with the chloroplast stuff... :)

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
spike has 2 rosettes i think he's an abisynian
he has the most crazy fur though which makes me think he is what i say he is.

AnnaandElsamom

Cavy Slave
Held my girls today! They are still skittish but I fed them a carrot while on my lap.. they ate.... I held them one at a time. And I was able to confirm that they are in fact both girls! woohoo! :) I bought grids for a C&C cage today...just have to get chloroplast and what i would use for a lid... since I have cats and dogs. Though they are in my girls room and we have a lock on the door there is always the chance someone will forget to lock it.. so we need to be safe of course :) I wont be able to start making until next week but am excited that we will be making it ourselves. Hubby will help me.

Thanks!
Christy

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Thanks for updating us. Your definitely going down the right road with them. Keep hand feeding them and they will come around. But they are prey animals by nature so their not going to completely stop being skiddish. The best way to a guinea pigs heart is food. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.