Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Pixel and Myself!

guinealife

Cavy Slave
Hello fellow cavy slaves :) My name is Britni and I'm a 21 year old cavy enthusiast! I've been taking care of guinea pigs since I was eleven years old. Pixel is my current piggie- she is a 6.5 month old 7 week pregnant sow. Her pregnancy IS completely UNintentional- I have never had a pregnant guinea pig out of all the piggies my past 10 years. I do have an exotic vet literally right down the road that she sees for numerous checkups and weigh-ins; Pixel has been completely healthy for the past 5 months I have owned her, up to this very day. She lives in a 6x2 C&C cage; I have temporarily removed her upper level due to the pregnancy, and the rest of the cage is baby-proofed as well. I am planning on keeping at least three of the pups, and I have secure homes for up to 3 extra babies as well. That is everything that's going on with us right now- feel free to comment and ask questions!

Attachments

5f2dd5d68dd111e3b8a112d765b26b39_8.jpg
Last edited:

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
She's beautiful! Welcome :) keep us updated with the babies

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Awwww, she likes chinnie rubs, she's adorable!

guineapigsxo

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum.^^ Pixel is absolutely adorable. I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy. :)

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum Britni and Pixel! I'm Stephanie and my two girls piggies are Princess Penelope and Miss Maybelline. I hope you enjoy it here and I hope it's a safe delivery! Keep us updated. :)

squigglesisMINE

Cavy Slave
Hi Britni and Pixel! My name is Skylar and my guinea pig's name is Squiggles!

Talking Cavy

Cavy Slave
She is beautiful! Good Luck with pregnancy!

mtk2000

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I'm Meghan and my girls are Hershey and Cookie. I hope you have a safe delivery. Its great to here how prepared you are for this. I hope all goes well.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
I noticed you posted a picture on your Instagram 5wks ago with all three of your pigs together. 2 girls and 1 boy, right? You don't still put them together sometimes do you? If you do, your other girl will be next to get pregnant. Also don't have Henry anywhere near the babies or Pixel during or after the pregnancy. If one baby is a boy you can put him with Henry when he is three weeks old. You'll want to separate the babies at three weeks by gender or someone might get pregnant. Sorry to sound like a lawyer lol I just don't want any of your other sows to have to go through this too, and I know you don't either.

KimmiA

Cavy Slave
What an adorable piggy! Welcome!!! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.