Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding I need ideas for bedding in c & c cage

sarah515

Cavy Slave
I just made a c and c cage and I need ideas for bedding I want something that's fairly easy to clean and deodorizes.. Right now I use kiln dried wood shavings which I do not want to use in the c and c cage because that would just be a mess... So what are your ideas?

Attachments

image.jpg
Oh and purple area is the kitchen

Have you looked through the photos tab above and then clicked on some of the cage photos? There are a number of ways that different piggie owners like to do their cages.
Are you only looking for a loose bedding alternative or have you considered using fleece?
There is a whole section of fleece cages here:
(broken link removed)

Have you looked through the photos tab above and then clicked on some of the cage photos? There are a number of ways that different piggie owners like to do their cages.
Are you only looking for a loose bedding alternative or have you considered using fleece?
There is a whole section of fleece cages here:
(broken link removed)
I have considered using fleece but I'm not sure how often I would have to change it

Different people handle fleece in different ways.

I change my main fleece liner once per week. I have 2 liners so that I can have one in the cage while the other is being washed.

I also use fleece potty pads since my piggies still piddle on the main level. (I have a 1x2 kitchen loft)
The potty pads I put down across the back portion of the cage where they tend to go. I just flip them over after a day or two. Then I trade them out for fresh ones about every 3 days.

So I still only wash once per week. I put the main liner and that week's potty pads all in one load.

Daily poo sweeps are my intention, but sometimes it goes every other day.

Some people prefer fleece. Others prefer the loose bedding. It's really up to you and what you find easier for you.

Wood pellets and either cover it with fleece like bpatters does or mix with care fresh naturals. Nothing beats the wood pellets for odor control, you just stir every few days. Even with the pellets you still need the kitchen area though.

I'm sorry but did no one else notice the grids are not safe, they need to be 9 squares by 9 squares and one of yours is 5 by 5 I would just recommend you put coroplast up that whole grid

When my pigs were babies, I did put washcloths pinned around because MdKinnley was 2 weeks old and could run through. I use a layer of newspapers, a layer of towels or uhaul pads and top with fleece. I sweep poopies twice a day and do a complete change every friday. I have multiple fleece so I can change it up and and extra set of towels so I always have one clean. I wipe down the vinyl with a safe pet cleaner then put down my layer of newspapers, towels and fleece! Good luckI need ideas for bedding in c & c cage

Last edited:
@daisy1cow are you saying the tile floor I see in the left of the photo is vinyl floor? Or do you have a sheet of vinyl under your fleece that you can't see?

Nope, didn't notice it. Thanks for pointing it out. Also the ones against the wall are only 8 squares across as well.

I'm sorry but did no one else notice the grids are not safe, they need to be 9 squares by 9 squares and one of yours is 5 by 5 I would just recommend you put coroplast up that whole grid

Oh man, there are tons of threads and posts and ideas of what to use. Lots of posts on how to do it. Lissie and Gandalf gave you some links, and you can also check out the many photos in the gallery.

Oh no it is sitting on a big piece of vinyl I got at Lowes for like $25. They sell pre-cut rolls and I think it was like 6x9 foot or something. I measured out my cage to make sure it was going to be ok. It is under and you can't see, the vinyl you see if my actual kitchen floor, wouldn't want them peeing on that!! its an ugly cream vinyl but no one see its. Super easy to clean, I have a blast buying different fleece and my daughter "spudsthepiget" made the cute pigloo covers. I know have everyone in a 2x5 those two still side by side and then another 2x5 along the bottom as I know have 6 pigs. The two girls, the two big boys and since they didn't like Finnley, I got him a buddy and put them in the bottom one. They all fit on that sheet of vinyl. Let me know if you want me to send a pic. I can lift up and end and snap a pic

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.