Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty Partially Blind?

BestGuineaPigs

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig, Buddy has red eyes, and when we feed him, we have to put his food close to his face for him to see it or he follows our other boy Ace to get food. When we hold him, he has to sniff everything and sometimes he slips off my pants. However, when he goes to his pigloo, he's fine. Is this just how some guinea pigs are, because my other three are fine.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have two red eyed girls and I find they also have to have food put right up to their face to realise it's there. They also have no trouble getting in and out of hideys, going through tunnels, etc. I think it might be a red-eyed specific thing (possibly) but I'm not sure. As long as he isn't injuring himself though, I wouldn't worry :)

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Red eyes see just as well as dark eyes in guinea pigs.

if your pig is having vision problems it's not because the eyes are red.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't say it's a vision problem per say, they just tend to be a little unsure of where the veggies are when I hand feed them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.