Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Is this normal or what?

courtneylushae

Cavy Slave
Okay so... I got my boys out to play with them for a while.... And I've noticed for the second time that when one of them pees(not sure which yet) it is like really white an it stinks terribly.... Is this normal or is something wrong

The white pigment in his urine is excess calcium, make sure it doesn't dry gritty. How old are your boys?
How bad is the smell? If it's unbearable, you might be dealing with a Urinary Tract Infection.

It was on a cardboard box I had them in. It wasn't bad bad jus noticeable but it went away. They are about a year old and I'm scared of them getting sick or scared or anything because I had a piggy die on me and I didn't notice anything wrong until she got me to pick her up and she went into seizures. But I'm worried about them andi don't want anything to happen go them and I was worried. But when I irst got them they peed on my mommys bed and I noticed it was white.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.