Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Soon to be piggy mom..

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
Hi my name is Missy. I am a single mom to two sons 9&11. We will be soon getting two baby boy piggy's. I found a family in the same town I live in who rescued two females not knowing they were pregnant. They now have seven 1 week old babies. I found their add on craigslist but I see no red flags. I'm going to be going to look at them here this weekend. I have a picture of one of the babies. Is actually a link and I hope it works. Could anybody figure out the breed. I'm thinking abby, but his hair is pretty long at one week old.. I will update on this thread when I bring them home In a few weeks. Thank you.

(broken link removed)

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm thinking it's an Abby too. :)

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
I think Abby as well :) Are they going to keep them until a certain age?

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
Yes I'm adopting two boys and keeping them permanently.. Here is another pup from the litter's.

(broken link removed)

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
I read that wrong.. I think they intend to get rid of all the babies.

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
Im not sure which babies go to which litter as of yet. But I know they must be a mix, because there are short haired, ones with a ton of cowlicks, and some that have slight cowlicks with longer hair. I'll try to post links.

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the piggy world!!!! Definitely an abby!!!

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering if they were keeping babies with mama until weaning age (I think 3-4 weeks, someone correct me if Im wrong)?

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
Yep they are keeping them until 3 weeks.-4 weeks

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Awwww! I love Abbies! Just know that you're getting yourself into a world of dealing with that famous Abby-tude.

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Awwww! I love Abbies! Just know that you're getting yourself into a world of dealing with that famous Abby-tude.

You sure have that right, @mufasa! haha I'm slave to a very special Abby girl & her Abby-tude is textbook.

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
Well I got my baby piggies. Not from the people I thought I was getting them from. Long story Short I ended up with two baby girls. I was told that One is three weeks old the other is four. They came from the same home and were housed together. I'd like I say I rescued them but honestly they came from a hobby breeder that does 4H and shows them. In my opinion while they are taken great care of I feel they weren't being responsible breeders, but before I knew it I was totally suckered into getting them. Well actually I knew if I didn't get them some one would. They were very well taken care of and you could tell the girl was very knowledgeable. It just seemed like she bred certain ones for "show"quality and then just tossed together different breeds to see what she could get.. The white one I got, her dad is full Teddy and her mom is half teddy half American. To me she looks American except her hair is a little longer. The red/white one I got is part Peruvian, Crested, and American. She has slightly long straight hair with a crest on her forehead, I'm estimating her age to be not quite three weeks old. The white one was born October 13 and she's bigger then the other one. I would post pictures but I'm on my phone and I don't know how to post from my gallery on to here.

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
I'm hoping picture will work.. My eleven year old son named the red and white female Bernice, Birdie for short. After the movie Hope Floats. My nine year old son and I came up with Winifred for the white girl. After The movie Mary Poppins.

Soon to be piggy mom..

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Congratulations! Awww. They're SoSo adorable! What a great shot of Birdie's little face. :D

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Winifred and Bernice are so cute!!

Missypigmama

Cavy Slave
They are cute, thank you. I'm building them a 2x4 foot cage out of shelving from menards. With the corrugated plastic sheeting. Very excited

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.