Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Fleece Noobies, beware

gatorgirl

Cavy Slave
I just made the huge mistake of washing my new uhauls with my new fleece. Unless you want your fleece covered with ugly gray lint and want to have to wash them over again like me, wash these items separately. You're welcome. ;)

sugarandspice

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thanks for the heads up.

Getting fleece flippers on Friday. Lol :)

Gandalf

Cavy Slave
Now that you've had the piggies for a short while in that nice cage of yours, how is that party patio? Have you noticed them peeking over that edge?
I was thinking of doing something similar when I make my cage, but for use as a kitchen and hay area.

I think I'm confused because some are saying the piggies can easily climb on to a shelf that is half a grid in height. So if I put their kitchen up there, that also makes the cage edge half a grid in height too. Maybe it's the distance down over the edge that discourages them?

gatorgirl

Cavy Slave
Now that you've had the piggies for a short while in that nice cage of yours, how is that party patio? Have you noticed them peeking over that edge?
I was thinking of doing something similar when I make my cage, but for use as a kitchen and hay area.

I think I'm confused because some are saying the piggies can easily climb on to a shelf that is half a grid in height. So if I put their kitchen up there, that also makes the cage edge half a grid in height too. Maybe it's the distance down over the edge that discourages them?

Love the party patio. It's nice and big so it can hold hideys and whatnot. I have yet to see them ever peek over. They just don't seem interested in jumping out. They do use it a lot, though. I put the cuddle cups and hideys up there and they settle right in.

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
I use cloth diapers underneath my fleece.
Works like a charm. :)

gatorgirl

Cavy Slave

When my kids were babies, I had a hard time finding the really think cloth diapers they had when I was a baby. What brand do you use, if you know? How big are they?

aspecht

Cavy Slave

OMG! I could only imagine how many I'd be using! I have three 2X5 cages! Also, you have to wash the fleece several times to get it to wick properly. The Uhaul only needs to be washed and dried. So the second and third time will help get the lint off :)

Gandalf

Cavy Slave
What about using Zorb? I was planning on using that, and it comes by the yard.

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
When my kids were babies, I had a hard time finding the really think cloth diapers they had when I was a baby. What brand do you use, if you know? How big are they?

I think these are it, but I didn't order them and it was like 5 years ago: (broken link removed)
They have multiple sizes, so I can mix&match.
5 years lator, they still hold up amazingly!!!

bugsylove

Cavy Slave
My main man bugsy adores the 2$ fleece blanket I bought him at walmart <3 I was able to cut in up multiple times so now I can completely change his fleece every day and it only cost TWO dollars <3 Fleece Noobies, beware

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I love a good bargain!

As for washing fleece with the uhaul blankets, I do it all the time. I've never had lint attach to the fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.