Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury HELP! New pig with an injury

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
Well my 6 year old sow died a week ago and I just rescued a new piggy from a bad owner....she lived with a mean guineapig and I was looking her over and found this is it an old wound healing still...?

Attachments

image.jpg

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
She also has there grey specks throughout her hair when u pet her it comes off but I washed her and brushed her with a flea comb and some wouldn't come off I think it's cause the dandruff is SO small but it does come off but it's gray and she's white.....is it dandruff? It's on her butt and behind her ears.....

Attachments

image.jpg

aspecht

Cavy Slave
That doesn't sound like dandruff to me, but I'm definitely not an expert!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
That looks like it's a healing wound, keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't form an abscess. Not sure if it's flea dust or not. We rescued a piggy that had lived with dogs that had been treated for fleas and the vet said it was flea dust. Hope somebody will be along soon to offer more help. I would take her to a vet just for a check-up so they can give her the all clear.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
It could be fleas. It could be parasites. Do they appear to move at all? Is the pig itching?

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
Though she is in good hands with you, I would recommend taking her to the vet as others have suggested. Sorry too about your loss...I hope my piggies live to be 6 years old...that is really special.

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
She isn't itchy and you can get some of it off I will see what a vet says ASAP! My sow who just died had a twin sister sow that I also have she is 6 and has a clean bill of health I hope she lives to be like 8-10yrs old!:D

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
We have a vet appt. at 10:30 tomorrow YAY!!!

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
Hooray!! Sending you healthy piggie thoughts! Love the fact too that u have the twin sister!!! Keep us posted.,,

PixiePony

Cavy Slave
For sure! Thanks so much you guys!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.