Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C "Wall of Silence" Cage Divider

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi, I have a few questions about this product and thought I'd post here to get more peoples experience before contacting the C&C store. (if mods feel it more appropriate I just email the store please feel free to let me know and/or remove this.)

So I have a lot of extra grids as I have an extra 2x4 cage. Right now I have two boars in a 2x5 I recently split down the middle to separate them. I realize this is not enough room for them but this is a temporary situation. One boar is injured right now and needs to be separate. I tried fashioning my own with two extra grids, string, and pillow cases (to cover the grids). Before I covered them with pillow cases they would constantly chew the bars at each other and dig underneath it and squeeze under to the other side.

So onto my questions. Would I be better of getting the divider, or since I already have grids, just getting sheets of coroplast? I find the price very fair so if it is easier I'd just get the divider because it comes with the edging as well. I can't quite tell from the pictures, does the coroplast cover both sides of the wall? My little contraption is working alright now but it does not look very nice.

Thanks!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
It just goes on one side. That's all you need to stop the incessant cage-bar biting. I used it frequently myself. You just need a well-cut coroplast piece if you already have the grids.

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
Can that be ordered through the store? How does it attach to the grids? Would it still work with two pieces, one on each side? (I am sooo not technically/creatively inclined)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
It comes with the grids. I don't have an item set up for just the coroplast. We can either invoice you custom for it or refund you the cost of the grids. Either way. It's cut to fit snugly in the coro. It doesn't need an attachment. If you really want to attach it, you could just poke a hole through the coro and cable-tie it to the grids. You could one piece on each side of the grids if you want. So, you need two pieces of coro for that.

Coughingcolours

Cavy Slave
What works really well for my separated sows is a few grids zip tied together for a divider, and then I wrap it with a piece of fleece and secure the edges with binder clips. Hope that makes sense, of not I can try to post a couple pictures.

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I think I'd like to order one with two pieces of coro if possible. My boys are boy grid biters so I'd like both sides covered. I will get it with the grids too, since I'd like to donate my extra cage. Hoew should I put in my order since it is custom? thanks

CCcages

Cavy Slave
Just place your order on the site as normal. In the "order comments" section just put that you'd like a second piece. (Also just to be sure - email me a note that you'd like the second piece at [email protected] just to be safe). I can add in the 3.00 additional later on.

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all the help! I'll place the order tonight :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.