Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage I think it's decided (expansion)

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
We currently have our herd (4 females) in a 2x5 with a 2x2 loft and our other girl is in a store bought cage (8sqft) for her quarantine period. Since she will most likely be a loner pig for quite some time until her therapy is over and/or she is better (back story here: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/showthread.php?88812-Piggie-foster-or-keep-WWYD) I (think) I have decided to expand to a 2x7 witha 2x3/2x4 second level with a "wall of silence" 2x3 loft for the herd and a 2x4 for our girl so she isn't completely alone...and room for IF we ever decide to have her with another pig. The wall would just be two grids across so they can still see each other but they won't pick on her or anything. She will be quarantined for a month then moved to her own cage with them. Does it sound like a good plan? I am downloading sketchup now so I'll post a picture in a bit if it's confusing for some of you.

Sounds like a wonderful idea!
Not confusing at all! :) Pretty much 2 stacked 2x7's- but the top one will be sectioned off making a 2x3 and a 2x4.

Sounds like a wonderful idea!
Not confusing at all! :) Pretty much 2 stacked 2x7's- but the top one will be sectioned off making a 2x3 and a 2x4.
:)

:D Bump for ya

What is Bump? Lol

Oh! Lol okay Thank you

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.