Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps My ramp sticky tape won't stick

edcaguy

Cavy Slave
Just notice my ramp on the ground the stickiness is worn off what type of tape or glue can I use? Also the rubber to the ramp will not stay on. I rember there a huge gob of tape in a ball when I got the package. Was that to hold the ramp because if so it was no use to me. I tried to use duct tape but my guys just bite on it and it rips off. Would the carpet ramp be any better? Before this 2 of the 5 love hanging out up there now its not safe for them. :confused:

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I hate double sided tape, it always fails no matter how I use it. I used 2 of the 4" zip ties to hold the rubber to the ramp, never had a problem with it since.

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I made my own ramps out of bent grids. I used carpet instead of rubber; double sided carpet tape to hold in down and onto the coro. I've only had the ramps for about a week or so but it's holding up nicely. What type of double sided tap do you use? If it's the thin type, try the actual double sided carpet tape.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
My ramp is made of bent grids, too, and I use cable ties to attach a rug to it, and attach the ramp to the upper level. When I want to replace the rug with a clean one I cut the ties.

Just a note--pigs love the taste of duct tape.

Is this a ramp you got from the Guinea Pig Cages Store? Perhaps email the customer service.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
My ramp is made of bent grids, too, and I use cable ties to attach a rug to it, and attach the ramp to the upper level. When I want to replace the rug with a clean one I cut the ties.

Just a note--pigs love the taste of duct tape.

Is this a ramp you got from the Guinea Pig Cages Store? Perhaps email the customer service.

I didn't think about using zip ties for the rug! How often do you need to replace your rug?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you got it from Guinea Pig Cages Store, contact them. They're aware of the problem and will send you a replacement.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Gorilla glue worked great for me when the stickies on the kitchen wasn't holding long term.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I didn't think about using zip ties for the rug! How often do you need to replace your rug?

I use washable rugs. About once a month I take the rug off and replace with a clean one. Sometimes the girls are messier than others and I replace it sooner! Silly girls.

edcaguy

Cavy Slave
Okay thanks for the ideas I can always count on this forum. I think I'll get the gorilla glue.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I like industrial strength velcro. It allows you to remove it to clean under it if you need to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.