Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast DIY Coroplast Inserts... Tips?

MooMoosMomma

Cavy Slave
This weekend I'm going to attempt to make my own fleece flippers. I noticed on the page where you order them from the Fleece Store that they need your cage dimensions because it will effect the size of the inserts. Anyone have any experience making their own flippers? I'd love some tips/advice before I get started. :D

Aranel1002

Cavy Slave
I've never made flippers, but I did just DIY make my coroplast insert and have some ideas. first, I would measure the length and width on the inside of your coro cage. Now, if you make a sheet to match the same dimensions, and then you layer fleece and uhaul on it it may not fit as well... I may say allow a quarter of an inch, half-inch or so around the bottom at least, as the uhaul (as in the flippers) wraps around the bottom. Then maybe a quarter inch shorter on top and sides, and in the middle... just to give a little space for fabric.

I'm not sure if any of that made sense!! Also... if you are concerned and a perfectionist like me, I'd maybe be tempted to just buy one flipper and take measurements off of that! But that's just me :p We actually bought one set and are planning on making more fleece cases and uhaul padding eventually, just reuse the coro. But those are expensive.

MooMoosMomma

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice, @Aranel1002! Yea, my inner perfectionist is encouraging me to buy just one flipper & copy, BUT they are expensive. I have no doubt that they are worth the money, but since I have a sewing machine, and the minimal skills required, it would be better for me just to make my own. :crazy: haha

MooMoosMomma

Cavy Slave
So I was drooling over the fleece flippers in the fleece store again and was checking out the price of a single flipper seriously, when I found this:

DIY Coroplast Inserts... Tips?
Fleece Flippers for Guinea Pig Cages, single

I just felt like I should add this to my post for future reference.:tearsofjo Happy sewing! lol

Aranel1002

Cavy Slave
Haha no problem @MooMoosMomma ! Haha I'm glad that you were able to find your answers, that will definitely help anyone who is looking to make their own flippers!! Good luck with your flippers, I'm glad you were able to figure it out :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.