Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage I need some cage ideas :) any suggestions guys?

Piggie love

Cavy Slave
hello! I need to make 2 cage for my piggies. one set of girls, one set of boys. but, to do that, i need to know, should i make one big cage and divide it with plastic and fencing in the middle? or just do two separate? which will be easier? which will make my piggies happier? I want to know what would make my piggies happiest, so type away and give me some suggestions :) thank you everyone!

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
How much space do you have? Will you want it on a base or table? If its on the floor you could have the boys in a 5x3 on the bottom and a 2x5 above for the girls. Since it is on the floor you can step in it to clean the top and bottom.

Piggie love

Cavy Slave
oh my...... i have a good amount of space, i could make something comfortable for them, but not HUGE. the little cages i have for my piggies right now are on the ground, so maybe i would just stick with something on the ground?

Piggie love

Cavy Slave
well, actually, a double decker might be nice....what suggestions do you have for one? :)

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
well, actually, a double decker might be nice....what suggestions do you have for one? :)

Kristine's cage would be perfect for you.

(broken link removed)

Piggie love

Cavy Slave
thanks much, i will look into it :)

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
You could do a 2x9 and divide it. 2x4 for the girls and 2x5 for the boys. Or do the double decker like lunarminx suggested :) I think cleaning a long cage would be easier than cleaning a double decker though. Cleaning under my loft is difficult enough. I couldn't imagine having a full cage to do it lol

Piggie love

Cavy Slave
yeah, i agree, but either way, im willing to do either, whatever makes them happiest :) does anybody have any good sleeper ideas? i would love for them to have a cozy bed :)

lissie

Cavy Slave
If you do a side by side cage, put a lid over the boys' cage where it connects to the girls. Boys can climb into the girls' cage without a lid.

Piggie love

Cavy Slave
thanks, i will make sure the boys stay where they belong. i dont need anymore piggies, lol, thank you

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Personally, I would do a double decker or two separate cages so the boys can't get into the girls. Maybe a 2x5 with another 2x5 on top (depending on how many piggies you have)?

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I would make 2 separate cages and stack them or put them on different sides of your room (if possible), as others have mentioned. Too much risk, as some males will find a way to get to them.. ;)

Piggie love

Cavy Slave
yeah, i have 2 boys and two girls. the boys are super laid back, so im not really worried about their dare-devil skills. actually, they are in open top cages next to the girls right now, and they dont try to get in, but better safe than sorry, so maybe i could make a lid or something for the cage :)

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
That or just put the divider two grids high where they connect next to each other.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.