Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello to All!

scubafaery

Cavy Slave
Hello All,

I am a first time piggy owner. My husband and I bought 2 male piggies a week and a half ago (we would have adopted, but there are not any piggies up for adoption in our area :sad:). Merlin and Gizmo are adjusting nicely to our home! :) We bought a Super Pet cage for them for now, but we are researching a C & C cage and making room for one! We plan on having a nice, spacious cage ready in the next month!

I just wanted to say hello!!

cavy_jdas

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome!

Have you checked out the cages store? It's an easy way to get everything all together, coroplast cut and ready to go:
Standard C&C Guinea Pig Cages

scubafaery

Cavy Slave
Yes, I have been drooling over those cages for about a week now. I am investigating an inexpensive way to gather all the supplies to build one myself...or have my husband build it for me. ;)

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome, cant wait to meet your piggos. I myself like to make the cages too because I like the design part of it and of course its easier to change. You will change it several times trust me. LOL Dont be afraid to ask questions.... there is also a chat room tab on top of home page ... for quick questions and just to talk pigs.

scubafaery

Cavy Slave
Thank's for pointing out the chat room! I have been crawling all over this site, but never noticed that LOL!

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Welcome :) I am pretty new here as well! I had a blast building my cage! I got my coroplast at a local sign shop and it was only 20 a sheet. I got my grids a Meijer's (not sure if you have those where you live) and those were only 20 a box, too. It is true that once you build one, you never want to stop. :D

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Also, since you have boars the standard cage minimum's really don't apply. The larger you make it, the better the chances of them enjoying life together. Also, preferably wider than 2 grids.

scubafaery

Cavy Slave
Hello Melissa123! We don't have Meijers down here in Florida. I wish we did! I remember them from when I lived in Illinois. I am thinking about doing a 2x5 with a loft for my boys. Right now I have a giant pigloo (only because that is all the store had). I plan on keeping it, but also adding two smaller pigloos. Merlin is definitely the king piggy. Poor Gizmo isn't being bullied but he is being dominated for sure!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.