Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from a Menagerie Manager

GardenDmpls

Cavy Slave
I am a science teacher at a large, urban high school and this year was put in charge of the "menagerie" of the animal science program as a lab teacher. We are upgrading the program. Many of the animals had died of old age in the last five years and not been replaced. Since September, we have acquired three guinea pigs, as well as a real mini-pig (a Juliana, who weighs less than 20 pounds at nearly a year old) and many other animals. I just built a cage for the two new Peruvians, and will be building another for the two males, one of whom is elderly and being given palliative care for a bladder stone.

The first thread I read today here, mentioned the Target grids. Unfortunately, I have those, but will replace most of them tomorrow with the smaller grid size that was in the same package. I wonder if anyone has tried weaving something through the larger grids, such as choroplast strips or old plastic blind slats, sort of like they weave through chain link fences. By the way, if you live in an area with a very large religious Jewish population, they sell large pieces of Choroplast in a lot of the stores before the Passover holiday, as we use them to cover counters. I just bought two more pieces 6'x4' for $10.00 each.

If you want to see our menagerie, we have a Facebook page www.facebook.com/alincolnhighschool

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.