Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stand for cage

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
How could I make a stand out of grids for my cage and how many grids would I need?
I have a 2x4 cage with loft, I may be making a 2x5 cage later on, but could I use the same stand for that one?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I'm making the stand for my new cage out of grids as well. I'd recommend that you go ahead and make the stand part 5 grids wide if you want a 2X5 eventually. My 2X5 C&C on a grid stand takes 51 cubes (I think), but I'm building it so there are 5 cubbies under the cage to store supplies in and save some space in our family room. The basic 2X5 cage takes 14 grids. The base has a top and bottom 2 grid by 5 grid panels, a back that is 1 grid by 5 grids, and left to right as sides and 4 seperators to make the cubbies are 6 1 grid by 2 grid panels. It's still a work in progress, but I'll post pictures ASAP. If you want to PM me, I'll see if I can send some drawings as an attachment. Did I mention that I'm making a plywood base with wheels to set the whole assembly on, so I can move it when I need to vacuum or for cleaning the cage? Yeah, I'm a dork, but this will be my first C&C cage, and probably my only for a while, and I had a lot of specs when I started planning.

Hope some of that rambling helped you!

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the help but I think I may need a picture. So when you post it I will look at it for more help!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
It may be a while before I can post pictures of my new cage. In the mean time, there are some really good pictures of what I was talking about in the Galleries, then Features/Accessories and then Stands. Maybe those pictures will be helpful to you. I found my original ideas by looking at those.

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
Well I have decided to just get a table because that would be much easier. Thanks for the help anyway. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.