Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Karrine and Gago from Australia!

GagoThePiggy

Cavy Slave
Hi :) My name is Karrine and I am from Queensland, Australia :) I am owned by a lhasa apso named Itoy, a dachshund x named Suerti and of course Gago the guinea pig. He has been part of our family for 1 week today and I fell hard for him very quickly. We adopted him off a lady who was given him after a childcare centre no longer wanted him :mad: ... All our pets names are filipino as my OH is from the Philipinnes. Itoy means puppy, Suerti means Luck and Gago - well originally my OH said it meant cute little boy - we have since found out it means stupid in an affectionate way :eek:hmy:. We were going to change it to Truffles but he was used to Gago so we kept it :)

I have learnt so much about guinea pigs from browsing forums and he already has me wrapped around his little paws :) Here's a photo of him during floor time today:

so darn cutes

He's so cute!! We love seeing pigtures!! Depending on how friendly he is you want to took into a friend for him as most piggies are happier in pairs :)

Hi :) thankyou he is very cute :D We have considered getting him a new friend but at the moment I am home everyday and he gets ALOT of cuddle time. Also he's cage is in the lounge room so always has something new :) We plan on getting him a friend in the future - :)

Welcome to the forum fellow Aussie!
Gago is adorable! I love his beautiful red ruby eyes. Feel free to ask any questions.

That's great to hear! Lots of pigs need that friend so they don't get bored, but its not as much of a problem if there is someone there talking to him etc, my piggies are in the family room which is literally in the center of the house, to get nearly anywhere you must walk through it XD. It's really interesting as you'll see when he gets settled in more and more that he'll wheek when you talk to him :)

that's one adorable piggy :)

Oh I was so excited the first time he Wheeked!! I was stroking under his chin - I almost cried with happiness!! I am now looking forward to seeing his first popcorn!!

Oh I was so excited the first time he Wheeked!! I was stroking under his chin - I almost cried with happiness!! I am now looking forward to seeing his first popcorn!!
Popcorning is the most cutest and hilarious thing you will ever see an animal do ever. He looks like a happy little spoiled piggy! I am sure he shall popcorn soon.

I hope so :) we just had cuddle time and he fell asleep on me :D

Aweeee that's so cute!!! I'm sure you'll see him popcorning soon :) you could put a blanket on the ground with some tunnels and block off places with wires/where he can hide under furniture and he'll have more space just to do anything

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.