Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Bloated My Guineapig's tummy is bloated?

dell414

Cavy Slave
My Guinea Pig, Smelly has been suffering from Constipation since days ago. [It stills urine though]
Just yesterday, I found out that its tummy is bloated, it felt like a balloon?

Anyway, if anyone know of anyway to cure this, would you mind teaching or telling me?

Also, I brought it to the ONLY Vet in my country before, but there's only ONE Doctor available, but however unable to help.
[Doctors here only treat animals such as Rabbits, Dogs, Cats but Hamster and Guineapigs]

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Get that pig to an exotics vet immediately.

Bloat is serious in guinea pigs, once you find out what's wrong, you only have a small amount time left.
My pig Mocha had bloat, she is lucky to still be alive today.
You should never get a guinea pig if you don't have a place to take it in an emergency.
If you can't get get him/her to a vet, you need to surrender him/her to an animal shelter ASAP.
Also, a guinea pigs is not an "It". You need to see a vet, there is no way to cure bloat by yourself.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
@dell414 - You might want to take it down a notch. I don't see your response post anymore so it must have been deleted by a moderator. In any case, there's no need to get defensive. People are just trying to help. You asked for advice and people are giving you advice. What you do with that advice is up to you but you need to trust that we are guinea pig lovers and we have your pig's best interest in mind. We are guinea pig owners and use our experience and what we have learned from this forum to offer advice when asked for it. @MochaAndMoo was not being rude so there is no reason to lash out. I think an apology would go a long way.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I have unapproved all the posts with swearing (including the quoted response). We have lots of children using the site, and we don't allow profanity.

Tara1

Cavy Slave
Get that pig to an exotics vet immediately.

Bloat is serious in guinea pigs, once you find out what's wrong, you only have a small amount time left.
My pig Mocha had bloat, she is lucky to still be alive today.
You should never get a guinea pig if you don't have a place to take it in an emergency.
If you can't get get him/her to a vet, you need to surrender him/her to an animal shelter ASAP.
Also, a guinea pigs is not an "It". You need to see a vet, there is no way to cure bloat by yourself.

I agree with the vet but i dont agree that people should have to give up a pet if the vet wont see them right away. And yes animals can be its, some people just use words differently when typing. Sorry but this is the most unhelpful reply i have seen on this site yet.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
@Tara1 She has said there are no exotic vets in her area, there is nothing she can do to get the pig to the vet.
There has already been one argument on this forum, please don't start another. If you don't have anything nice to say about my post, don't reply to it.
Also, there was a second post I made that was deleted (Due to the fact it was quoting the post she was swearing in) Which said something else that was added to my other which clarified something, you didn't see it, therefore you don't understand what I meant.

Razzle

Cavy Slave
Update please. How is he doing?

Razzle

Cavy Slave
The "constipation" part is a real concern. If not pooping and just peeing, real serious problem. Is this an "Impaction" problem? I think more help could me offered and hope the OP has found more help via Guinea Lynx or hopefully a vet.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
To everyone saying my post was "mean".
I didn't mean for it to come across that way at all, maybe that's how it comes across, but it never was meant to.
Yes, I could have said it nicer, but at the time I made the post, I wasn't thinking about niceness, I was thinking about trying to help this pig.
I apologize to OP if it came across as "mean", But I don't think that I deserved to be abused over a post.

Has anyone got any updates on the pig?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.