Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cannot seem to post

Nika Lee

Cavy Slave
Hello! I do not seem to have the +Post New Thread link anywhere but in this section Do I need special permissions set up? I am getting some guineas this weekend and have a question I would love assistance with, thank you!

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
I am new to this site and can't seem to figure out how to post a thread (so your doing better than I am lol). But I have had Guinea Pigs for a while, so I will try my best to answer your questions :)

Nika Lee

Cavy Slave
Wow thank you! My question is, I do not want to make the guinea pigs nervous at all, and I have been reading it's best to hand feed them through the cage, then pet them while hand feeding and then you can try and pick them up after a few weeks if they seem okay, but what about the fact that I will need to clean their cage? I really don't want them to be neurotic but I don't want to go for a long while without cleaning it of course. Thank you!

Nika Lee

Cavy Slave
Sorry, the link has shown up now and I posted this question in the proper forum :) This can be deleted, I don't see the option to do it myself haha :)

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
I handled my guineas on the day we got them, and they are fine.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
To start a new thread, click on Forum at the top of the page. You'll see a list of forums. Choose a forum, and the "post new thread" button will be at the top left of the page.

Nika Lee

Cavy Slave
Good to know, thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.