Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Advice Needed on Cage for 2 boys

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
Okay, so once again, someone has asked me to take in 2 boys because they just need them gone. Previous people have asked me to do this but changed their minds last minute. So, if this happens, I have 2 options for a cage for the boys. I have everything to make a 2x4 C&C cage or I have access to 2 midwest guinea pig cages for free. Which would be a better option? I was going to buy the coroplast for a 2x5 base but the store charges $48 without tax and the closest place to buy a sheet of it is 2 hours away and it is a huge hassle getting it in my car (I have done this before). Since, I will be trying to find a new home for theselittle guys, I would rather not spend money on a cage. So, I am stuck with a 2x4 C&C or 2 midwest cages. The midwest will provide a lot more space than the C&C but, are they considered okay cages?

PS If anyone has a 2 (or more) midwest setup I would love to see a photo to get ideas. Thanks!

Okiesmokes

Cavy Slave
I'd say go for the Midwest cages if you don't want to buy more coroplast. I used a Midwest cage once and it worked just fine. Just remember to clean it out regularly and put lots of bedding so that the pee won't have enough time to reach the bottom and leave stains. Other than that it should make a nice temporary home.

Plus, you can use the wire part as a playpen later on if you ever need to.

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I think if the midwest cages are free, you could definitely make that work. And having two would be PERFECT :)

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I will be using fleece and uhaul pads as that is what I have.

Tara1

Cavy Slave
I would use the midwest cages, they would still have lots of room in them.

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Yup, I have to agree. Midwest cages are a good alternate to c&c as far as space goes, and getting two for free sounds like a great deal!

Xinaa

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)(broken link removed)
Put the two side by side such as this, except the petstore cage would be the other cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.