Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications How Much Revolution for Mites?

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I've been planning a precautionary mite treatment for the girls but wasn't in a rush because they don't seem to have major symptoms. Amy's very touchy, though, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. I got Revolution for the new cat's ear mites today and got extra, bit how much should I use on the pigs? Our cat vet isn't cavy savvy so I trust info from here much more.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Thanks! That made me a little nervous, since I thought it was Ivermectin and Guinea Lynx says the safety isn't proven yet, but I recall reading success stories here so I'm going to give it a try.

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've used Revolution a couple times and it worked great for us. The first time I used it was shortly after getting Penny. I treated her as a precaution. Then I used it again after getting Sheldon. Poor guy had lice :( The Revolution worked very well, and the great thing was that I could give him a bath the next day to wash off of the dead lice.

Good luck to you and your girls!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.