Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I think my guinea pig is pregnant.

Guinea.Luver123

Cavy Slave
Hi there evryone! Exactly 8 days ago I decided to get myself a guinea pig and went to the pet store to buy one, I decided to get a female and over time probably get a male or another female because I was just starting out. At first she was a bit skittish and timid but i've read that this is normal. After 3 days she began to allow me to hold her, feed her, play with her and everything was fine. About 3 days ago i'v noticed she doesnt like leaving her cage and she doesnt like when I hold her at all. She has gained weight buying her and she has been drinking alot more water n urinating alot. Upon buying he I wasnt informed of her correct age but it could be observed she was over 3 weeks old. Knowing this I fear she maybe pregnant because she was in habitat with 3 male guinea pigs when I bought her and at tht age she is able to get pregnant.The pic of her on my bed is when I got her and the other was yesterday. Yu can see that she has gained a few pound in the 8 days but is pregnancy the cause for her excessive eating and drinking or her skittish behaviour. HELP PLZ! IMG-20121222-00596.jpgIMG-20121228-00687.jpg

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Being skittish is normal for guinea pigs. And many guinea pigs do gain weight when in their new homes, especially young ones. She is still growing.

Next time, please adopt a guinea pig instead of getting one from a pet store.

Guinea.Luver123

Cavy Slave
So I shud still keep a keen eye just in case she is pregnant?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.