Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Guinea Pig Safe Paints?

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I built my guinea pigs a little wooden house and I would like to paint a design on it. What type of paint would be safe?

I have read up on vegetable dye but can't find how to set it on wood. I also read up on milk paint which is made from milk and dye but I wasn't sure if that would bleed or if it would be safe since it is milk? Also if any one knows of a safe clear coat that would be awesome.

I'm actually doing a similar thing at school in my wood shop class. We were making bird houses, but I kinda made it a box shape with a doorway and a hole on the top. It's a hidey hut with a hay area in the ceiling. :D I'm not gonna paint it, but am going to apply a clear coat to it, and my teacher said he could get and animal safe one. I just want it to be waterproofed you know lol so I can clean it up after my girls who are notorious for peeing on walls. XD I can let you know which clear coat I'm gonna use soon, or I could put in a suggestion to my teacher on any good ones you find. :)

Thank you! I just want something that if the guinea pigs take a nibble it wont hurt them. I'm also considering burning the image into the side so that I don't have to bother with paint or natural paints running and messing up my fleece but I would still love to clear coat it even if I burned it.

That sounds really cool! I'll let you know what I find. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.