Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! New to forums!

PuffPigs

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Puffpigs.

I have two amazing little pigs.
Nora is my oldest and first pig. Shes a little red head with a cow lick on her head. She has the most personality ever. I never knew guinea pigs had so much personality. Shes feisty and loves her veggies and cuddle-time.

Ellie is my newest pig. Shes a sweetheart. So docile and calm. She's not as adventurous as Nora but she loves to cuddle.

I will be posting pictures later today.

Thanks for reading :)

welcome :) your pigs sound precious!

Welcome! This is a great website to help with your guinea pigs life. (It helped me a lot.) Your cavies sound adorable!!

Best of luck,
Warner

Sorry! Meant to post pictures but it has been so crazy lately. If I get the chance, I will post some tonight.
Sadly last night I had to separate my two girls. Nora has a cut on her back that was scabbed over and looks suspiciously like a bit. I've never noticed them attacking each other, they seem pretty laid back. Though, I noticed during play time that they kept poking each other and squealing.
I have moved them with me, so I'm thinking the stress of moving into a new house could have set off a little aggressiveness.
Once they were separated though Nora seemed more happy. She was happily eating her hay and carrots.
I don't know what to do, I have been keeping eyes on Nora's cut. Looks pretty good, but fighting pigs are stressing me out. lol

Sorry to hear about the fighting. I thought I knew about guinea pigs. BOY WAS I WRONG! This website had helped me IMENSLY!!! I can only hope that It can do the same for you! Welcome! :hug:

Thank you. I am ready as much as I can about this website. I want to learn everything lol

Sadly last night I had to separate my two girls. Nora has a cut on her back that was scabbed over and looks suspiciously like a bit. I've never noticed them attacking each other, they seem pretty laid back. Though, I noticed during play time that they kept poking each other and squealing.
I have moved them with me, so I'm thinking the stress of moving into a new house could have set off a little aggressiveness.
Once they were separated though Nora seemed more happy. She was happily eating her hay and carrots.
I don't know what to do, I have been keeping eyes on Nora's cut. Looks pretty good, but fighting pigs are stressing me out. lol

What size cage were they in?

Welcome!
I was going to ask about cage size too-that can make a big difference if it's too small.
If it's already large enough, do you have 2 hidey houses and 2 food bowls, etc? They can be territorial about things like that.
How long have they been together?

Hi guys,

I do have multiple hidey houses and dishes. I have them in the 2X4. Maybe that's the issue then? The cage too small?
I was in the works of increasing it, but then I found the bite marks.

That size works for many, but some prefer a 2x5 for 2 pigs. A larger cage might help but it's not guaranteed if their personalities just don't match. It's certainly worth a try though! Bigger is always better for piggie cages.

How long have they been together? Could they still be working out their dominance issues?

They've been together since May. Nora only had a couple issues, she considered me her property and didn't like Ellie coming near me. They warmed up together and were doing good. Nora occasionally would show Ellie whose boss. Nothing major, just poke her. Ellie was smaller than Nora when I got her, however it seems the tide has turned and Ellie is the troublemaker now. I think it could be they are still working out their issues, but they were good before I moved. Maybe they are still stressed?

It may not have been aggressive behavior then. It may just have been 2 piggies in the same hidey and one crawled over the other and scratched her with her nails or nipped to get the other out of the way or something similar.
Hopefully it was just an isolated incident.

Hey
It could have been that. I have been trimming nails, don't like when they are really sharp. I am hoping to build the new cage tonight and hopefully, fingers crossed, that they will get along better.
I checked on them this morning and they seem to be ok. Nora is out and about eating. Ellie spends most her time in her house. She's always been a skiddish pig.
Since moving, I haven't really seen them popcorn. They use to all the time at my old place. Could they be super stressed out?

Hey guys,

I booked an appointment for today and I will update later today.

Bitemarks can be accidental when they are playfighting/grooming or just general bickering. I'm sure the vet will inform you better (assuming that's what the appointment is for?)

Well, I've felt some lumps on Nora and want to get them checked. She was eating much yesterday so I thought I may as well get her checked. I want to make sure she's ok or what needs to be done.

Thanks about bite marks. It is healing well.

Well, I've felt some lumps on Nora and want to get them checked. She was eating much yesterday so I thought I may as well get her checked. I want to make sure she's ok or what needs to be done.

Thanks about bite marks. It is healing well.

Oh no :( Well lumps are rarely sinister, they are usually like fatty cysts and sometimes abcesses around the jaw - they normally go.
Always best to get a professional opinion :)

Hopefully it is nothing. I've felt them near her pelvis and silly me looked online and saw what it could be. I need to stop googling things lol.
I am lucky. There is only one rodent vet in my town. Thank goodness I found someone.
I will definitely post pictures of the cuties and update on what went down at the vet.

Bitemarks can be accidental when they are playfighting/grooming or just general bickering. I'm sure the vet will inform you better (assuming that's what the appointment is for?)

From what I know, guinea pigs dont playfight. They arent like dogs.

To the OP: if they are fighting, it is probably due to cage size. But sometimes pigs just arent the right fit. My pigs barely get along in an almost 3x4, so sometimes it's personality

They use to get along pretty well. No fights or anything just little pokes. Could be that Nora isn't feeling well and that's why they are fighting.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.